Weekly rest AGAIN !

Sorry to bore you all with this old chestnut again but I’m still struggling with pay ack time on reduced rest
I do 6 shifts a week mon to sat finish 4pm sat restart 6am mon equals 38 rest thus owing 7
What I usually do the following week is finish about 5pm fri then restart 6am mon equals 61 hours rest all debts paid
My question is could I work sat 2 weeks running and how would my payback work?
Thanks in advance
Jim

JFC999:
My question is could I work sat 2 weeks running and how would my payback work?

Basic answer: no you can’t work two Sarturdays running as you need a full 45h rest at least every other week and if you work two Saturdays then you’ve had two consecutive weeks with only 38h weekly rest.

Paul

Possibility of doing two saturdays in a row as a one off coming up after easter if you have the easter 4 days weekend off

That 4 days off can count as a full weekly rest for the week 25 - 31 march and as a full weekly rest for the week 1 - 7 april because at least 90 hours will have been taken off during a period where the rest spans both weeks

The weekends of 6/7 and 13/14 can then both be reduced weekly rests with the weekend of the 20/21 being a full weekly rest

Using the first of the reduced as the assigned weekly rest for that week means the second can be used for payback

weekend of 23/24 march can be a full or reduced weekly rest
work mon 25 to thu 28 march = week 1
off fri 29 march to mon 1 april = 100+ hours with the first 45 as the full weekly rest for week 1 and the last 45 as the full weekly rest for week 2 (hours remaining after 90 have been used can be for any payback)
work tue 2 to sat 6 april = week 2
sun 7 off = reduced weekly rest (A) for week 3
work mon 8 to sat 13 april = week 3
sun 14 off = reduced weekly rest (B) not assigned to any week so does not require any payback and any hours over 24 can be used as payback
work mon 15 to fri 19 april = week 4
off sat 20 + sun 21 = full weekly rest for week 4

this looks complicated at first glance but is perfectly legal and straightforward if time is taken over it

the reason this can work is because the rules allow for any weekly rest than spans a sunday midnight to be used in either the fixed week prior or the fixed week after but not both
the rules also allow for two weekly rest to be taken together if enough time is taken off and the above applies

Whats the position on say not driving on wednesday and thursday and having these days as rest days that week, driving friday saturday and sunday of that week, then doing another 5 days driving and having the weekend as rest, ie driving 8 days straight but in two different weeks.

puntabrava:
Whats the position on say not driving on wednesday and thursday and having these days as rest days that week, driving friday saturday and sunday of that week, then doing another 5 days driving and having the weekend as rest, ie driving 8 days straight but in two different weeks.

The amount of what you can do is not based on fixed weeks but between weekly rests

The max between weekly rests is 144 hours or 6 x 24 hours (same thing)

It would have been easier to make all rules - between weekly rest periods - but the numpties in the EU decided to make different rules for fixed weeks and between weekly rests … just to confuse drivers …

ROG:

puntabrava:

The amount of what you can do is not based on fixed weeks but between weekly rests

The max between weekly rests is 144 hours or 6 x 24 hours (same thing)

It would have been easier to make all rules - between weekly rest periods - but the numpties in the EU decided to make different rules for fixed weeks and between weekly rests … just to confuse drivers …

Thank you for the answer, another cunning idea scuppered :laughing:

ROG:

And as you say why not make it between weekly rests, well that would be the worse thing that could of happened, think of it 56 hour between weekly rest you could do your 90 hours driving in a week if that was law and some companies would let you.

delboytwo:

ROG:

And as you say why not make it between weekly rests, well that would be the worse thing that could of happened, think of it 56 hour between weekly rest you could do your 90 hours driving in a week if that was law and some companies would let you.

Err … you forgot to consider the driving limit between daily rests so factor that in and work it out

ROG:

delboytwo:

ROG:

Err … you forgot to consider the driving limit between daily rests so factor that in and work it out

yes Rog I was been silly, :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: so how can you do driving limits between weekly rest instead of fixed weeks, that’s was my point :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

delboytwo:
so how can you do driving limits between weekly rest instead of fixed weeks, that’s was my point :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

Just stick with daily limits with 2 max 10 hour driving days between weekly rests

As the max would be 10 hours driving between daily rests then I cannot see safety being compromised

ROG:

delboytwo:
so how can you do driving limits between weekly rest instead of fixed weeks, that’s was my point :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

Just stick with daily limits with 2 max 10 hour driving days between weekly rests

As the max would be 10 hours driving between daily rests then I cannot see safety being compromised

Monday 10 hours drive
Tuesday 10 hours drive
rest 24 hour
Thursday 10 hours drive
Friday 10 hours drive
Saturday 9 hours drive
Sunday 9 hours drive

that 58 hour drive that week so not possible, so you have change the hours max

delboytwo:

ROG:

delboytwo:

Monday 10 hours drive
Tuesday 10 hours drive
rest 24 hour
Thursday 10 hours drive
Friday 10 hours drive
Saturday 9 hours drive
Sunday 9 hours drive

that 58 hour drive that week so not possible, so you have change the hours max

I think I said that the max number of hours in a fixed week would be no more because all fixed week rules would be scrapped
That just leaves daily driving time and as you pointed out that would not compromise safety