REST SUNDAY
WORK MON
TUES
WED
THUR
FRI
REST. SAT
SUN
NOW IIM TOLD. THIS IS OK EVEN THOW I’M HAVING 2 REST REDUCTIONS IN ONE WEEK, I ASSUME ITS BECAUSE I HAVE FULL REST PERIODS EITHER SIDE? BUT DO THE REDUCTIONS BOTH NEED PAYING BACK?,
CHEERS

Only the reduced weekly rest you have chosen to be for that week needs compensating for and not the other
Most choose the first as the reduced for that week so the second can be used for compensation if the hour amount on the second allows for that
In your case it does because you only need the daily rest from the second so the rest of the hours can be used as payback

ROG:
Only the reduced weekly rest you have chosen to be for that week needs compensating for and not the other
Most choose the first as the reduced for that week so the second can be used for compensation if the hour amount on the second allows for that
In your case it does because you only need the daily rest from the second so the rest of the hours can be used as payback

So when does it need paying back by?

any compension needs paying back by the end of the 3rd week following the week of reduction, be aware that the compensation hours you owe are paid back before midnight on the sunday at the end of the 3rd week

ok i confess this is still going over my head ! lets say the 1st reduced rest is 35 HRS and the 2nd reduced rest is also 35 HRS can i use the 11HRS from the 2nd rest to compensate the 1st then on the next full rest add 10 hours to pay back the 2nd ?

Working Out Your Weekly Rest

The standard weekly rest requirement is 45 hours after no more than 6 consecutive duties. You may reduce this to a minimum of 24 hours which must then be compensated for by the end of the third week following the reduced weekly rest. You may compensate before this time, and it must be compensated for in full on the end of another daily or weekly rest period.

Warning – You must not have 2 reduced weekly rests in a row, even if you have immediately compensated in between.

This is from the gov site ?

Don’t believe there’s anything about not having two reduced weekly rests in a row i.e. you could work monday to Saturday (12:00) then Saturday Sunday off starting back Monday 09:00, Tuesday off Working Wednesday, Thursday off, working Friday and Saturday, Sunday Monday off then work Tuesday to Sunday etc… Just need to have 45+ hours in every other week such as week 2,4,6,8,9,11 etc and as others said reduced rest compensated for by the third week following such reduction.
Any Rest period straddling Sunday Monday can be considered as rest for either week but not both, unless I believe there’s an exception if it’s 90+ hours in which case can be thought of as 2 back to back 45 hour rests…

I imagine someone having recently done a drivers cpc course may tell me I’m wrong…

bjd:
ok i confess this is still going over my head ! lets say the 1st reduced rest is 35 HRS and the 2nd reduced rest is also 35 HRS can i use the 11HRS from the 2nd rest to compensate the 1st then on the next full rest add 10 hours to pay back the 2nd ?

If you had 35 on the thu leaving 10 to payback and then 35 on the sun and used the first as the reduced for that week then the sunday 35 can be used as payback

You can have multiple reduced weekly rests in one week but you must have a regular weekly rest for every other week

Example
sat+sun off = regular weekly rest
mon work
tue reduced weekly rest
wed work
thu reduced weekly rest
fri work
sat reduced weekly rest
sun work
mon reduced weekly rest
tue work
wed reduced weekly rest
thu work
fri reduced weekly rest
sat work
sun+mon = regular weekly rest

only the first tue reduced would need compensating for

ROG:

bjd:

If you had 35 on the thu leaving 10 to payback and then 35 on the sun and used the first as the reduced for that week then the sunday 35 can be used as payback

You can have multiple reduced weekly rests in one week but you must have a regular weekly rest for every other week

Example
sat+sun off = regular weekly rest
mon work
tue reduced weekly rest
wed work
thu reduced weekly rest
fri work
sat reduced weekly rest
sun work
mon reduced weekly rest
tue work
wed reduced weekly rest
thu work
fri reduced weekly rest
sat work
sun+mon = regular weekly rest

only the first tue reduced would need compensating for

Thxs ROG I’m pretty OK with the Regs but never done this type of shift pattern before

START
WORK - MON TUES WED
REST - THUR reduced weekly rest needs compensating
WORK - FRI SAT
REST - SUNDAY extra reduced weekly rest including compensation payback for the THUR reduced
WORK - MON TUES WED THUR FRI
REST - SAT SUN regular weekly rest
BACK TO START

If that is a repeating shift pattern then you can do that all year