Weekended in Spain

Hi
Looking for some advise for a wekend stop from Irun to Madrid. Will be using AP1 past Burgos, you know what it can be like not sure how far I will get.

Hoping to be around Burgos all being well. Could somebody recommend a suitable stop with GOOD food, showers and hopefully some more ENGLISH drivers…

Thanks

Steve

English drivers huh ■■?

Oh well if you must :open_mouth: :unamused:

come off the AP1 at junction 3 and follow the N1 towards Irun

1st choice depending on hours left is immediately after joining the N1 you will see a BP on your right with restaurant and if required a den of ill repute.

2nd choice keep following the N1 towards Burgos until you come to a very steep climb known as La Brujula at the very top of the hill you will see parking facilities on the right with 2 restaurants and the obligatory house of ill repute, the 2nd of the two restaurants is the infamous/famous Victors.

Vascoingles:
English drivers huh ■■?

Oh well if you must :open_mouth: :unamused:

come off the AP1 at junction 3 and follow the N1 towards Irun

1st choice depending on hours left is immediately after joining the N1 you will see a BP on your right with restaurant and if required a den of ill repute.

2nd choice keep following the N1 towards Burgos until you come to a very steep climb known as La Brujula at the very top of the hill you will see parking facilities on the right with 2 restaurants and the obligatory house of ill repute, the 2nd of the two restaurants is the infamous/famous Victors.

Beat me to it Vascoigles- La Brujula is the most likeliest place to find fellow brits! The food ain’t bad but as for the showers :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

well you both beat me too it :grimacing:

are the showers at victors still crap? i havn’t been away now for over 6 months :frowning: , just on uk work, but i’m getting itchy feet, too go back on the euro work.
i know you used too be able too ay, and get a shower in the hotel by victors, but that may have changed.

iirc, the other stop, off at j3, where the bp and baghouse are, had a shower round the back, you get the key from the bar.

Many Thanks for the replies to date. Went to Victors many years ago with a friend. MIGHT try it again…

For change of scenery,try National 121 from Irun border to Pamplona via Sunbilla,gets full quickly.From Pamplona continue on the National road to Olvega,Almazan,then joins National 2 via Medinecili to Madrid.End up on East side of Madrid near Coslada.Plenty of restaurants,but not many Brits,as they go National 1 via Burgos.

If I were you, I would drive about 30ks south of Burgos and stop at Lerma, theres a truckstop both sides of the road and its only a short(ish) walk into the town - far better than loads of beer swilling Brits and theres a bit of culture to be had too.

Just to let you good people know I am reading the replies and noting the info… Take it these are all open 7 days a week. look forward to seeing some more before i leave UK tomorrow.

Thanks

there is km 103 on the national 2 good food big parking area and showers are in the garage

dodge73:
there is km 103 on the national 2 good food big parking area and showers are in the garage

Agreed good place, but not sure I would like weekend there, but some Brits do.

Handy for Madrid, but not to close to be a problem.

peter mill:
For change of scenery,try National 121 from Irun border to Pamplona via Sunbilla,gets full quickly.From Pamplona continue on the National road to Olvega,Almazan,then joins National 2 via Medinecili to Madrid.End up on East side of Madrid near Coslada.Plenty of restaurants,but not many Brits,as they go National 1 via Burgos.

have to agree on this route as more restaurants, safer parking away from our curtain slashing flip flop friends less weighbridges if thats a problem less police if thats also a problem but less brits but thats not always a bad thing :open_mouth:
area 103 very good for weekends spent many a good sunday there, cheaper at bar for truckers just make sure waiter puts c for camionero on your ticket
never had problem with safety as little old guy drives round in a van and theres a cashpoint and short walk away even a puta club if you so require

To all of you who took time to reply THANK YOU. Sadly only made it to Castets as delayed loading Friday in UK!!! Still had a good weekend, some good English guys and no trouble from the Taliban, the few that were in anyway. Will bear your ideas in mind for the future.