Weekend working query

i worked last saturday (oct.25th) had the sunday and monday off,with the monday being a holiday day,then will be working tues-friday inc…the young girl who is running the transport says i cannot work this coming saturday as the monday (oct.27th) is classed as 8 hours under the WTD.we work m-f,with saturdays as overtime (6th shift).
am i ok to work this saturday? the young girl is doing her best,as most of the rest of our transport ‘team’,have bailed out,leaving her under immense pressure,so if there’s any doubt i won’t be pushing her for the shift.
thanks for any replies.

carryfast-yeti:
i worked last saturday (oct.25th) had the sunday and monday off,with the monday being a holiday day,then will be working tues-friday inc…the young girl who is running the transport says i cannot work this coming saturday as the monday (oct.27th) is classed as 8 hours under the WTD.we work m-f,with saturdays as overtime (6th shift).
am i ok to work this saturday? the young girl is doing her best,as most of the rest of our transport ‘team’,have bailed out,leaving her under immense pressure,so if there’s any doubt i won’t be pushing her for the shift.
thanks for any replies.

WTD or being paid has nothing to do with tacho laws and she is getting the two mixed up

Yes you can work this Saturday and have sunday off as a reduced weekly rest

excellent!..thanks ROG :smiley: :smiley:

As Rog said… I had the same at our place till I put him right and he’s a driver too… Numpty. Lol

cheers Nick :slight_smile: the whole bunch in our office are clue-less :angry: :angry:

carryfast-yeti:
cheers Nick :slight_smile: the whole bunch in our office are clue-less :angry: :angry:

That’s another reason I think anyone that works in the position as a TRAFFIC clerk should have formal training and certification ( proper qualifications ) in drivers hours rules and regs like an NVQ ,that way its not just the driver that can be held responsible it’ll make everyone involved responsible…

well,i was allowed to work,and got a 15 hour shift in :smiley: not that i like doing 15 hours,but at time and a half you got to do it if you need the dough for christmas!