Weekend work

So unless you know anyone who will let me take a 2.5 yr old to work with me, work will have to take a backstep for a while.

Been asked to do a curtainsider to Basingstoke on Sunday. I’m guessing it might be the Sainsbury RDC but not 100% sure.

It’s been a few months now so hoping I don’t make a balls up of it. Not worried. Just a little apprehensive.

I’m sure you will do fine!

Good luck with it all :smiley:

LittleSplitpin:
I’m sure you will do fine!

Good luck with it all :smiley:

Bridgwater to Basingstoke to Hoddesdon to Edmonton and back to Bridgwater. No idea what trailer. Just know its a curtainsider.

Looks like its the 2 Sainsbury RDC and then pickup Coca Cola out of Edmonton. Shouldn’t be too bad.

flickr.com/photos/gezzasgallery/7511934666/

If you see me out and about give us a wave.

I take it this is through an agency?

I find myself dropping off at that Sainsbury RDC in Basingstoke sometimes, and last time I was there they were about to do some work on the road system but hopefully that’s all done now.

I find it a pain there when I have a pallet of flowers for them as well as all the fresh stuff, as they get you to drop the fresh in one place then go all the way round the back to drop the 1 pallet of flowers on a different bay. That isn’t the only place that do this either! :unamused: Why can’t these places be designed so we can drop all in one go? :confused:

Oh, good luck with the run anyway! :sunglasses:

Not through an agency. Casual work direct.

Should be a nice run :slight_smile:

Nice one. Hopefully it will lead to something more regular. Yeah, it sounds ok to me mate. Have fun!

Sat in Sainsburys RDC and chilling. Waiting for a bay. Just have to remember how to reverse on to it now :slight_smile:.

Took my time to ease myself back in although the butterflies are still jiggling.

All looking good so far. Just having dinner and waiting for the next installment!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

4 shunts into a 70 degree bay. I guess it’ll come back to me. Was really starting to feel hacked off that it took so many but better to be safe and damage free I guess.

Oh and it’s UHT milk on pallets by the way.

Both Sainsbury DCs as I suspected. Then reload coca cola out of Edmonton to take back to the yard.

Not looking forward to the blindside reverse in the yard later. Not much room either.

dar1976:
Sat in Sainsburys RDC and chilling. Waiting for a bay. Just have to remember how to reverse on to it now :slight_smile:.

Took my time to ease myself back in although the butterflies are still jiggling.

I know what you mean matey I packed it in Aug last year but come back to it last month was all a panic the day before wondering what I remembered and what Id forgot but it soon comes back just take your time and guide yourself through it

A long day yesterday finishing at 14h 57m duty with 8h 52 on the driving.

The second DC at Hoddesdon was much easier. I’d also settled in by then so more relaxed.

The load out of Coca Cola was a battle of wits with the forkie who seemed to think 26 pallets of Bottles of coke would stay on the bed without restraint so therefore I wasn’t needed to be anywhere near the trailer while he loaded. #■■■■■■.

Anyway. Got back to the yard. Pitch black. One space left with a blindside reverse. Took my time and got it on without a problem.

Really enjoyed the day. 15h has taken it out of me. Hope it won’t be long before he asks me back.

Glad it went well for you mate, Hope you remembered to get some cheap cans of coke :sunglasses: and so long as the lorry is safe and no real major problems have occured can’t see why they won’t call you back :smiley:

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

dar1976:
Really enjoyed the day. 15h has taken it out of me. Hope it won’t be long before he asks me back.

Nice one mate. I’m sure they’ll soon be calling on your services again. You’ve proved you have what it takes to get the job done in a safe and efficient manner. What more can they want? :confused: As for the 15 hour day, that’s the norm at the firm I work for! :unamused:

I used to think nothing of the long days. Maybe I’m just getting older. Maybe I need to get into the swing of it again.

What I do know is I’m itching to get out there again :slight_smile:

Well, we are all definitely getting older, there’s no disputing that! :stuck_out_tongue:

Got a run to W.Thurrock tomorrow. 0730 start. Looking forward to it :slight_smile:

Tesco. Think I might take a good book :slight_smile:

Well this weekend was a lot more comfortable.

2 different trucks. A trailer swap. And only 1 shunt onto Basingstoke Sainsbury bay.

Oh and I think I broke the record in the longest time taken to find the gear selector. A very long ten minutes. I ended up Googling it. Pulled down the arm rest and there it was.

Very spacious compared to…

Unfortunately I only had the Actros for a couple of hours.

Gregory depot at North Tawton is tight. Don’t go through the town, I was told. So instead I get the windy roads and a bridge you can barely slide a ■■■ paper either side of the truck.

But no damage done. Maxed out on hours and enjoyed it.

Looking forward to next weekend.

Glad your enjoying it mate, any word of if your working next week? :slight_smile:

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses: