weekend work.

ok. my new transport manager has just decided to install a weekend rota.
bear in mind i drive localmulti drop(10 to 15) mon to fri and average about 48 hrs a week plus breaks.ive been with the company for nearly seven years and worked about three sats in that time. none for atleast two years.some of the other guys hapilly work the odd sat or sun volantarily.
when i said no , i didnt want to work weekends, he practicaly threatened to sack me.he reckons theres a clause in my contract that says i,ve to be prepared to change shift patterns when required to suit company demands.
i got so stressed last night at the prospect of losing my job., i couldnt sleep and threw a sicky this morning.
any opinions on where i stand? i dont want to jack the job, but seing as i,m assistant and second photographer to my mrs , the wedding photographer
( sats mostly,) i dont wanna work weekends driving .

They ain’t much you can do really, especially if it’s wrote into your contract,and if it is’nt they can give you notice to say they are going to change it. You will have to speak to ya T/M and come to some comprimise. good luck.

inaneredstripe:
he reckons theres a clause in my contract that says i,ve to be prepared to change shift patterns when required to suit company demands.

Ask him politely whether he’ll let you see it.
Then take it from there :wink:
IMHO, it seems to be a reasonable request.

I think Dave has the idea. although chucking a sickie will not have helped your case much.

You have to decide whether helping your missus will pay you more than a shift at work

i dont get paid for working with her indoors… still dont wanna work weekends tho.