Weekend work if full time employed

Hi guys/girls! I recently passed my CE test and now I’m starting to look for my first job as driver. I have registered with an agency, but they can’t offer me ongoing work as I’m new driver, but they offered me weekend job. And there comes the question - as I’m in full time employment can I drive let’s say Saturdays if I finish my full time job in 12am at Friday and start it at 6am Mondays, that means that I have 66h resting time and I could do one driving shift every weekend, or I’m wrong . P.s. During the week I work about 45-50 hours. Thanks Maris

Hi mate im in the RAF at the moment and doing weekend work. First off you dont add the working hours together if your mon-fri job is outside the haulage industry. Secondly as long as you have enough daily rest (11 hrs) before your driving day starts and you have 45 hours (IN ONE GO) off at some point during the weekend you can do every sat or sun. This however would not be achievable with your timings as to achieve this you would need to start at 2300 friday and finish driving no later than 9am saturday. Id say go for every other weekend one day a week but keep an eye on your rest periods.

You could also finish Friday at 12am, have 45 hours off and start at 9am Sunday, work 10 hours driving finishing at 1900 then off till 0600 for 11 hours rest but even then no company will have you start as late as 9 in the morning and most jobs are over 10 hours a day.

Yeah will be fine just go for it every 2nd week or one day every week then no hassel i could see.Or just work every weekend and keep it to yourself.

Ok, then at the moment I will do every 2nd weekend and have reduced rest period, but then I need to compensate it in week 3?

Maris_SteelCity:
Ok, then at the moment I will do every 2nd weekend and have reduced rest period, but then I need to compensate it in week 3?

Not if you repay the next week 45hrs then just add on what ever you reduce it by.Your only doing every 2nd week that what i would do.

There must be an unbroken 45 hour rest every other weekend and the other weekend must have at least an unbroken 24 hours off

The working time for the weekday job and the weekend driving job do not get added together BUT the hours done in the weekday job count as other work so cannot be used as rest

This would be a good example
Drive saturday 0600 to 2100 then start normal job on monday at 0600
That is 33 hours rest with 12 to payback
Next weekend = no driving so thats easily more than 45+12=57 rest = all paid back

Thanks guys, that’s now clear for me.