Weekend parking Madrid

I’v got a drop in the centre of Madrid monday morning & need somewhere, ideally safe/secure & within an hour of the centre, to park for the full weekend. I’ve done a search & come up with the big parking by the Campsa garage in Coslada which is only 15km from the drop. Anybody know what the facilities are like & how much it is per day? Or any other suggestions?

Cheers :smiley:

Don’t think you pay for parking in Spain. I found service stations all over to be clean and useable. I usually stay at the cepsa ones. Good luck.

we always use “c.t.m” its near coslada. one of the spanish lads on here, will prob know the address, i’m useless, and knackered at mo, sorry. but, i can tell you, never had a prob there, it has a tv room, coffee machine etc, decent loos and showers, a garage opposite the main gate, very near by you have a couple of decent eating and watering holes, not sure on opening hours though over the weekend.
the big hotel next door is ok for food, i think the prices are reasonable in the hotel, hot and cold food all day, and you can buy internet there aswell if you like. as long as you buy the odd coffee/beer etc, they don’t seem to mind you sitting in the lobby area. plus, open all weekend, with an “interesting” bar type place next door :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

I don’t suppose Fred’s place is still there is it? At least 12 years since i last went to Madrid!

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=72159

Andy Rich:
I’v got a drop in the centre of Madrid monday morning & need somewhere, ideally safe/secure & within an hour of the centre, to park for the full weekend. I’ve done a search & come up with the big parking by the Campsa garage in Coslada which is only 15km from the drop. Anybody know what the facilities are like & how much it is per day? Or any other suggestions?

The last time I parked in the Cepsa (or Campsa, I forget which) /“secure” parking in Coslada it was about €1.80 per hour - expensive for a weekend. The facilities are very basic to say the least and the food in the bar restaurant was bordering on dreadful.

I would be inclined to stop outside Madrid, if you are coming down the A2 try Km103 just north of Guadalajarra or if youre coming down the A1 then Robregordo at kilometre 89ish. my preference woud be Km103 on the A2.

Hombre:
I would be inclined to stop outside Madrid, if you are coming down the A2 try Km103 just north of Guadalajarra or if youre coming down the A1 then Robregordo at kilometre 89ish. my preference woud be Km103 on the A2.

+1
area 103 has big parking area, vigilante van drives around, very good food and showers in the petrol station.
we’ve parked there for years and never had a problem.

Hombre:

Andy Rich:

The last time I parked in the Cepsa (or Campsa, I forget which) /“secure” parking in Coslada it was about €1.80 per hour - expensive for a weekend. The facilities are very basic to say the least and the food in the bar restaurant was bordering on dreadful.

According to the website for the CTC (Campsa garage) in Coslada there’s an abono fin de semana, but no mention of how much it is :unamused:
Ideally I’d like to be parked somewhere within a train/metro ride of the centre.

I think theres a weight limit for the centre of Madrid, I can’t remember if its 15 or 16 ton.

Andy Rich:

what are carrying is it valuable ? if not do not bother paying for the parking i Coslada the facilities are crap and that is being polite, much better if when you get to the roundabout at the top of the exit for the CTM to go straight over staying on the right hand side of the motorway and drop down to the end of the road and turn right you will then see straight away on your left where everyone else parks and you are aonly a short walk away from Fred´s and various bars and restaurants and also very close to the train station, very rare that cabs get broken in to.

langp29:
I think theres a weight limit for the centre of Madrid, I can’t remember if its 15 or 16 ton.

there is but usually if delivering for an exhibition or a theatre for example they will have applied for the necessary permits and exemptions beforehand as this usually has to be submitted to the local authorities 5 working days in advance

Thanks for the info guys. In the end I opted for the CTM near mercamadrid. 57,60€ for the weekend which I think is pretty good as it’s very secure, the facilities are good & the staff were very helpful & friendly. Not sure if they speak much english though. Plus it’s only a short bus & metro ride into the centre :smiley:

Used to be only one ring motorway around the city,the M30,now there are more and more.