Weekend parking belgium

Looking for nice quiet spots for the weekend with shower and restaurant.

Never had to weekend in Belgium before but I’m starting a job next week and I will be weekending every other week somewhere in Belgium. Not sure what areas because the reloads will be all over. So anybody got any recomendations?

Habay on the E311 used to be a fairly popular spot for weekenders if you’re down that way though I have heard it has gone downhill following a change of ownership.

Jabbeke has a campsite at the back of it. Theres a few bars and restaurants, as well as swimming etc. The bars also often have evening entertainment, and go on very late. Not exactly a quiet night, but fun all the same.

I like Jabbeke…Stay there! :slight_smile:

Harry Monk:
Habay on the E311 used to be a fairly popular spot for weekenders if you’re down that way though I have heard it has gone downhill following a change of ownership.

I used to like this place, but the food is bad, the service is bad and it is over priced these days IMHO

If you are parked up near the Dutch Border Cafe Jost at Meer is pretty good
Europastraat 10
Hoogstraten
Belgique
Tel: +32 3-3158211

Ostend is a good town, but I don’t know where you can park with a shower :blush:

For a Friday night (closed weekend)
Dijkstraat 7
Lokeren
Belgique
Tel: +32 91-484925

Is Lokeren closed all weekend now then??

I thought it was just Saturdays

Thanks for the replies so far. I pretty much know about the ones that have been mentioned, except for the campsite etc at jabbeke.

Got anymore out of the way places where maybe near a town so I can go out exploring.

daleyboy:
Thanks for the replies so far. I pretty much know about the ones that have been mentioned, except for the campsite etc at jabbeke.

Got anymore out of the way places where maybe near a town so I can go out exploring.

The advantage with Belgium is that you can park anywhere you like, there are frituurs in every village and town and the Belgians get drunk a lot, they can because most bars are open all night. There are plenty of garages that are open where you can get a shower.

Apart from the gays, Belgium is sort of OK

Wheel Nut:
there are frituurs in every village and town

One thing I have been pondering over the past week or so is how do frituurs make a living when most of them shut around 9 pm■■?

zeebrugge used to be good park at the total and get the tram it goes to brugge or blancenburg or the old fish dock by the russan sub if its still there?

Have to agree with Malcolmj, that it Zeebee is a great place to stay nice restaurants
and you will find lots to do, if you have a look around.

brit pete:
Have to agree with Malcolmj, that it Zeebee is a great place to stay nice restaurants
and you will find lots to do, if you have a look around.

Not a lot of parking space now, since they moved the Prussian border to Baron de Maerelaan and the Transportzone :wink:

YES before it used to be full of either Turkish drivers waiting for there trailers as they did not have a visa for their truck or it was on private tax when it was a English reg, as well as lots of English ,German, Austrian, drivers,not forgetting the trucks that came from Iran ; As time passes, all things change ,

ive not been to Zeebee since P&O stopped sailing there but did have many a weekend there in the past used to park on the dock and walk across the railway lines (now fenced off)into town shower at the p&o booking office but as been said the more it changes the worse it gets

try go to Antwerpen - Trucks parking area in Docks? any good there?

Betz:
try go to Antwerpen - Trucks parking area in Docks? any good there?

There is plenty of err, open minded entertainment :stuck_out_tongue:

look here A dutch site listing truck stops in Belgium :smiley:

Here this has been posted on here before and is also available in ENGLISH
trans-top IT HAS
information on all subjects not only feeding places,

Cool thanks for the replies lads and the links. Well handy. Just been chatting to my mate who started on with the firm on Monday and apparently the place where we tip has showers open all weekend parking in their car park and it’s right in the middle of town so that could be handy if were tipping on a Saturday morning