Weekend Nightshift

Can anybody tell me if you can work Mon to Fri 8am -5pm ish then start a nightshift at 10pm on the Sat night through till Sun morning then restart work on Mon morning legally?

kenny g:
Can anybody tell me if you can work Mon to Fri 8am -5pm ish then start a nightshift at 10pm on the Sat night through till Sun morning then restart work on Mon morning legally?

If your last weekly rest period was 45 hours or more then it’s perfectly legal to do what you say.

You will have a reduced weekly rest period on Friday/Saturday of 29 hours, so you will start a new set of six periods of 24 hours at 22:00 Saturday.

Without knowing what time you will finish of Sunday I can’t say whether or not Sunday/Monday will be another reduced weekly rest period, but on the times you given you should start a new weekly rest period no later than 22:00 Friday Night.

Is it just one week you want to do this ?

I ask because it will be more complicated to do it two weeks running, maybe not impossible but far more complicated and not to be advised unless absolutely necessary imo.

Thanks m8 would probaly be a 1 off shift