Weekend in Belgium

I’m spending the weekend in Belgium around the dendermonde area if anyone knows of a decent place around that area to stop for the weekend it would be much appreciated.

Thks

Lokeren truck stop is shut Sunday.I personally would run up to Sas van Gent,there is a truck park there and it’s a pretty Dutch town all facilities open and an interesting shop catering for alll perversions–sorry–tastes.Or not too far from Antwerp if you can still park on the quayside in the town,very busy place.
I loved weekends in Belguim provided you were warned beforehand.

Just off the E40 Loppem used to be ok.
Park by Geerharts (spolling) - good resturant/bar opposite.

Suedehead:

Last I heard all was closed around Gheerharts, even the chippy. Not sure if you can still park there even, as a couple of years ago there was talk of gates across the road. The town of Loppem itself is just a 10 minute walk down the road with some very nice bars.

Ah the nights in Café Loppem, did I ever tell you about my birthday? :unamused: :unamused: :smiley: :smiley:

Cheers for the replies

Suedehead:

Talking about geerharts loppem i am doing a change over there sunday afternoon for geodis :slight_smile:

Thetaff:
I’m spending the weekend in Belgium

You have my deepest condolences

switchlogic:

Thetaff:

Mine too, but I always found something to do, delhaize, wine and soforth. Plenty of trucks parked around Dendermonde in the weekend, 24 hour garage on the industrial estate near Vosmeer

Don’t know if they’re still there (I’m going back 10 years odd)
When I was pulling DHL loads, I used to get my mates weekending in Belgium to park up with me at DHL’s truckpark at Zaventem (right outside Brussels Airport passenger terminal). From there it’s a cheap as chips train ride to the centre of Brussels, or a short walk into Zaventem itself, which has (had) a couple of nice bars, a cracking chinese restaurant and a van that used to come round on sunday mornings selling freshly roast chickens.

Spend many a good saturday night on the lash there with certain other DHL road-feeder subbies!! (Chico from RGF in Brum for one! - anyone know what he’s doing these days?)

its way too late now but me and a colleague were weekended in st ghislain services. we walked into the town only about 10 minutes, lots of bars and eateries but it just happened to be the town “festival” there was a fair and lots of food vans and a market.

taff had i known you could have shared some Jupiler beer with us :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Watched Coast on BBC 2 tonight. the Belgium coast seems to be all holiday type towns. I know from previous experience that Ostende is quite a lively place on a night at weekends with some cracking places to eat.

Ex Haulier:
Watched Coast on BBC 2 tonight. the Belgium coast seems to be all holiday type towns. I know from previous experience that Ostende is quite a lively place on a night at weekends with some cracking places to eat.

Blankenberge Niewpoort, Wendiun and Knokke Heist are quite expensive places to be and at weekends everyone in Belgium drives to the coast and stand on the Zeedijk, when it starts to tilt, they all drive home and level it up for another week :unamused:

switchlogic:

Thetaff:

+1 dont forget your umberella,always ■■■■■■ rainin :smiling_imp: