Weekend driving [Moved and merged]

Hi

I drive refuse wagons in the week doing roughly 37 hrs a week and I use a log book to log my hours and driving time, I’m looking at driving on a weekend I know I would only be able to work every other weekend but would I need to log the shifts in my log book as well or just have them on my digi car.

Thank you in advance for the advice

Digital cars. Life is passing me by.

Sorry predictive text

Log all your driving. I keep mine on a spreadsheet on my phone. Got vosa’d last year and she asked about my driving. I said I drive and have another business. Her eyes lit up and wanted to know if I logged both driving and non driving. I showed her the spreadsheet and she just let me go.

Thank you for your advice, just looking into if it’s worth driving while not on the bins.

budgie69:
Hi

I drive refuse wagons in the week doing roughly 37 hrs a week and I use a log book to log my hours and driving time, I’m looking at driving on a weekend I know I would only be able to work every other weekend but would I need to log the shifts in my log book as well or just have them on my digi car.

Thank you in advance for the advice

Do not record driving done in-scope of EU regulations in a logbook it’s completely unnecessary and could even be illegal (I’m not sure).

You should continue to record the work you do on domestic regulations in a logbook and record work done in-scope of EU regulations on either tachograph charts or your driver card.

When you drive on domestic regulations you should carry your driver card and any charts you’ve legally been required to complete, when you drive in-scope of EU regulations you should carry your logbook as well as your driver card and any charts you’ve been legally required to complete, if you was stopped at a road-side check the enforcement officer would want to see all records for work days.

Be aware that driving in-scope of EU regulations counts as driving for domestic regulations, however driving under domestic regulations counts as other work for the EU regulations.

On days that you drive in-scope of EU regulations you must comply with the EU daily rest requirement, and in weeks that you drive in-scope of EU regulations you must comply with the EU weekly rest requirement.

I’ve just this minute replied in your other thread :smiley:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=124990

I’d wait for Tachograph… he’s more in the know about these matters :smiley:
But you need to consider the WTD…An average 48-hour working week over a defined reference period…A maximum 60 hours in any week - capped

I can remember when you couldn’t mix the 2 in the same week :wink:

Thank you for your replies, my working week is Monday-Friday 7-3 so that would leave me enough hours to work every other Saturday.

tachograph:
I’ve just this minute replied in your other thread :smiley:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=124990

The two topics are now merged into this one. :wink:

If I drive under eu regs on a Saturday and domestic the rest of the time, can I still have my 30 mins break for 5hrs30 of driving on domestic or do I need to have a 45 mins.

budgie69:
If I drive under eu regs on a Saturday and domestic the rest of the time, can I still have my 30 mins break for 5hrs30 of driving on domestic or do I need to have a 45 mins.

No break or rest rules for domestic - you could do 30 mins work - drive for 10 hours straight - then work for 30 mins - every day, 7 days a week, 356 days a year - with no breaks at all !!
you would be daft to do that but its not illegal

Thank you Rog, just trying to get my head around seeing if it’s worth doing a shift on a weekend under EU rules or not.