Weekend Driving After Weeks Work?

Can’t remember the rules, but can I drive occasionally on a weekend after doing a weeks work?

Due to a change in jobs, I no longer will be driving HGV’s through the week, I’ve come off HGV driving now and become a farm worker.

Obviously I’ll be flat out from now through to around October for the harvest etc, then after that it’ll be back to flat Monday to Friday working, freeing up my weekends.

So was thinking of doing occasional driving on a weekend.

Will I still be legal in Tacho and WTD rules?

You’ll only be legal if you satisfy the daily and weekly rest periods and the 60hr max working week.

So for example if you finish on the farm at 8pm on Friday night you can’t drive a truck until 5am the following morning and if you’re starting work on the farm on Monday morning at 6am you mustn’t be in a wagon after 6am on Sunday morning to get your 24hrs weekly rest in.

HOWEVER you can only have one reduced weekly rest every other week so if you work say this weekend then the following weekend unless you can get a continuous unbroken 45hrs rest in between finishing on the farm the following Friday and starting again on the Monday morning you can’t drive that weekend other than literally 5hrs first thing from 4am Saturday morning before you’d need to stop at 9am to get your 45hrs in before starting work on the farm at 6am Monday.

And the chances of you getting a tug from plod, vostapo ARE? :sunglasses: kip her lit drive :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Conor:
You’ll only be legal if you satisfy the daily and weekly rest periods and the 60hr max working week.

Working week incorrect as farm work under normal WTD and driving under RTD and each is a separate system

Official records for the farm work legally need to be recorded for any fixed week in which you did any EU regs driving
Fixed weeks without driving do not need recording

Generally if you drive for one day every other weekend you will be legal

I won’t be driving any HGV’s. Only operating farm machinery really - tractors, loaders etc.

Everything else would be manual work.

Thanks ROG and all for keeping me right… :wink:

Goldfinger:
I won’t be driving any HGV’s. Only operating farm machinery really - tractors, loaders etc.

Everything else would be manual work.

Thanks ROG and all for keeping me right… :wink:

No matter what the farm work it will be classed as other work for the EU regs in a fixed week when any EU regs driving is done which in turn impacts on the available time available for weekly rests - the same applies to an office worker

I mix some office work with driving. On my cpc course they said. Keep a diary on you of what and when you do work. If you can’t prove rest. Periods they could enforce a 45 break. Got pulled by vosas. Couple of weeks ago. They wwanted to see it.

Just make sure you don’t have a serious RTA or RTC or whatever they’re calling them nowadays & fill yer boots. Well that’s what I’d do anyway but you may not want to listen to me. Just make sure you’re not driving tired & you be golden.

Doubt I’ll be able to do any driving between now and through 'til the end of the harvest (October ish).

Just though I would ask the question now ready for possible weekend work over Christmas and into next year…