Weekend agency work

Hi guys,

I currently work 39 hours a week mon - Friday

I want to work driving class 2 on a weekend.

Will my work effect driving hours on the weekend?

Would I only be able to do one day out of the two?

Cheers.

Legally the work you do in the week, which I assume is not HGV driving, is counted as other work for the EU regulations, you are required to comply with the weekly rest period requirement of 45 consecutive hours rest which can be reduced to 24 hours every second week (that’s a simple explanation of the weekly rest requirement and not a complete explanation).

I don’t know what time you finish work on Friday or start work on Monday but If you can do a days driving and still have 45 consecutive hours rest you could do a days HGV driving every weekend.

However most people in your situation can only legally work one day every second week, but as I say without knowing your finish time on Friday and start time on Monday I can’t be more specific I’m afraid.

That’s the legal situation, whether or not you choose to tell anyone about your full time job is of course a decision only you can make.

tachograph:
Legally the work you do in the week, which I assume is not HGV driving, is counted as other work for the EU regulations, you are required to comply with the weekly rest period requirement of 45 consecutive hours rest which can be reduced to 24 hours every second week (that’s a simple explanation of the weekly rest requirement and not a complete explanation).

I don’t know what time you finish work on Friday or start work on Monday but If you can do a days driving and still have 45 consecutive hours rest you could do a days HGV driving every weekend.

However most people in your situation can only legally work one day every second week, but as I say without knowing your finish time on Friday and start time on Monday I can’t be more specific I’m afraid.

That’s the legal situation, whether or not you choose to tell anyone about your full time job is of course a decision only you can make.

Many thanks for the help, that’s cleared it up nicely mate.

7:30 start Monday 3 pm finish Friday

So 64.5 hours rest between finish Friday and start Monday.

So only 1 day every 2 weeks