Weekend agencies

Anyone help me passed my class 2 about 3 months ago I want to do some driving 1 day a week as I work nights all week in another job.is it best to sign up with an agency and how will it affect my tax code .also does anyone know any decent agencies around wolverhampton area .

Remember realistically you can only work one day every 2 weeks. Don’t risk working more as if mr vosa man tugs you he will get a big book and throw it at you. In regards to tax code as it’s a second job it gets taxed more (unless you sub contract but that would be a huge ball ache) same as any other job as according to HMRC it’s still a second income/job. Not trying to put you off just letting you know the rules. Good luck :slight_smile:

Thanks m8 how do I sort out the tax side of things then any ideas as I don’t want to be taxed more on my main job as there might be times where I don’t work the 2nd job

I believe your main job remains unaffected so shouldn’t matter

You don’t get taxed more on a second job, it just counts as further income which is taxed at your marginal rate the same as your main job.

Unless your combined earnings take you into the higher tax bracket that means you’ll just be paying basic rate tax on your second income source. Once HMRC have figured out the size of your earnings they’ll issue an appropriate code to your second employer, probably BR, which simply instructs them to take basic rate tax off everything.