Week of stupid ladies :-)

Stupid lady 1.

I was delivering a pallet of gritting salt to the nursery in Greenock. The nursery was in a small house on a hill and it had a very steep, narrow and curvy driveway, no chance that I would back the lorry up there.

So I unloaded the pallet onto the pavement, job done. The lady came and started to shout at me that what i am thinking and that all other drivers are pulling pallets up there. I told her that it’s good for them if they are able to pull over 500kgs up so steep hill, but I can’t and anyway it doesn’t matters, as my job is to deliver it to the adress, which I already did. She told me that she won’t accept the delivery unless I will pull it up there. I told “no problem”, make a picture of the pallet with adress visible (and her in the background) and told her I am taking it back. She said that I should not be so cheeky, and that she will call my boss as she’s paying for it to be delivered and therefore she should have it delivered to the property. I told her “OK, so I will mark “no access” on the lines when I will return them to the depot”. She went mad and she told me “you will see, I am calling your boss”. I told her that I will be watching with pleasure when she will get confirmation from my boss that I am right. She went mad, called me some names and called the number with the obvious outcome. Then she opened a wee garage at the bottom and she demanded me to pull the pallet inside. It wasn’t possible as it was full of rubbish so I just left pallet outside the garage. She ordered me to put the bags inside but I told her that it’s not my job. She said “I am paying for delivery” and I answered “and you have it delivered. If you want it handballed, you have to pay for the handballing company, this is palletised delivery only”. She asked “so you expect my worker (who already started), a women to handball all these bags inside? How you can watch women working so hard?” I told her that I am all for emancipation, but if she thinks that womens aren’t good enaugh, she can employ a male to do it for her, but it definitely be not me, as I have a job already - I am delivering pallets on the lorry". And then off I went.

Stupid lady 2.

Car parked at the corner of Argyle Street in Greenock. I could not pass although I tried and other drivers were guiding me. Finally I stopped and called the cops. Lady came after about 20 minutes and…

… she shouted at me that I closed her mirror !!! I told her that she should not be parked here, but she said that she’s always parking in that place. I pointed out the sign with “no parking Mon-Sat 8am-7pm” but she pointed at another one, on the other side of the street saying “but there is written that I can park for up to 30 minutes”. I told here to park under that sign then, but she ignored me and drove off.

Stupid lady 3.

I was just reversing to pararel park on the loading bay and this lady parked her Honda Jazz right behind me, despite reversing lights, beeper and me honking the (quite laud) horn. When I jumped out to her she only shoted at me “I was first here!” and ran away. I double parked hoping that I will block here, but sadly she doesn’t came back when I finished my delivery. :frowning:

Stupid lady 4.

I was driving on the small street with lot of cars parked . There was a space for two cars on my left and there was just enaugh space in the middle for me to get pass. The lady from opposit direction drove right to that place and stayed in the middle, expecting me to get arround her using that wee space. I told her to get into that place and let me pass, but she shouted at me that I will not learn her a highway code and that “I don’t know how it is in your country, but In this country, as you might not be aware of, we drive on left” then she switched her engine off and said that she can wait. I switched my off as well and told her that I can wait as well, but I will enjoy it more as I am paid 9,50 per hour :wink:. I got my book and managed to read about 12 pages untill some guy blocked by me came and asked what’s going on. I explained the situation and he went to sort the lady off. After some shouting and angry gestures from both of them, she backed off, but instead of taking this space on my left, she decided to reverse all way down to the junction, which took her some time as she was completely useless in it. When I was passing here, I stopped to tell her “I don’t know how it is in this country, but in my country we have to learn how to reverse before we can get a driving license” and then I drove away before she managed to make up any reply :slight_smile:

Stupid lady 5.

Classic situation. She was joining the motorway, she was driving right along me in her pinky micra cabrio and when the runway lane finished, she sound the horn, flashed lights and braked sharply right to stop…

Stupid lady 6

Delivery in city centre, I had to back up to the doors. I was driving a long lorry, so I was parked across about 2/3 of the road, but it was still plenty of place to get pass, as the vans and grannies in micras were able to squeeze throught. Then this stupid lady came and said to me that I have to move as she cannot get trough. I told her that it will be two minutes while I will finish my delivery, but she can easily go past as the other vehicles do. She said to me that “maybe other can do it, but you can’t expect every driver on the road to be a good driver” than she backed a bit and waited for me to end :open_mouth:

So that’s it for this week… And my gf is complaining that I did not celebrated the international womens day (8th of March) good enaugh :smiley:

orys I thought you might like to take these emoticons with you…

no comment on women at this present time

garnerlives:
no comment on women at this present time

I bet SWMBO is looking over your shoulder…

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: So you had a good week then Ory’s!! :laughing: :wink:

lol sounds about right for some people in scotland orys lol.

orys:
How you can watch women working so hard?" I told her that I am all for emancipation, but if she thinks that womens aren’t good enaugh, she can employ a male to do it for her, but it definitely be not me, as I have a job already - I am delivering pallets on the lorry". And then off I went.

:laughing:

orys:
When I was passing here, I stopped to tell her "I don’t know how it is in this country, but in my country we have to learn how to reverse before we can get a driving license" and then I drove away before she managed to make up any reply :slight_smile:

Classic :laughing:

orys:
She said to me that “maybe other can do it, but you can’t expect every driver on the road to be a good driver” than she backed a bit and waited for me to end :open_mouth:

Fair Point well made I think. :laughing:

kenno78:
:lol: :laughing: :laughing: So you had a good week then Ory’s!! :laughing: :wink:

Yeah, and all this only during three shifts I had this week :slight_smile:

muckles:

orys:
She said to me that “maybe other can do it, but you can’t expect every driver on the road to be a good driver” than she backed a bit and waited for me to end :open_mouth:

Fair Point well made I think. :laughing:

Unfortunately this is the only statement I could agree with. :frowning:

I can’t be bothered reading all that cut to the chase orys… did you get your hole?