week 2

2nd week and still lovin it, and various delivery to aldi stores the last one i had trouble with at st marys sheffield, a narrow street with communial parking down the left side and yup taxi,s on the other all parked on a solid yellow line no waiting, the older taxi peeps once they have seen the wagon they kindley move out of the way so i can drive into the aldi carpark :smiley: but on this night they moved with the exception of 1! pulled up on the kerb then flashed me through cool i thought but was wary of my surrounding :confused: pulled into the car park backed up to the loading dock next thing i had around a dozen taxi drivers all talking in their launguage didnt under stand a word :imp: of it thought i was gonna get linched! :confused: , one kindley translated to me i had yup hit the taxi with my trailer and took out the rear door of the taxi :frowning: :astonished: ,

But as i can recall if he flashed me through then he should have acted as my benchman so i would say he is to blame!!

but all i can say is taxi drivers aka black cabs YOUR A PAIN IN THE A** THINK THEY OWN THE ROADS!! :imp:

Glad your still lovin it

ill bet he will move next time what a smuck but honest we not all like him (ill always move not coz bein nice just dont wanna be hit lol !!)

dont know where you stand on him flashing might be somat to look into and if on yellow lines he is obstructing so may not have to pay out then again i think there may be something about if you hit a stationary veh or something always your fault im not sure of legalities :confused:

all the best

Jen x

Was once told by my mates brother who is a cop that if a car/van etc is iligaly parked and you hit it as long as you report it to the police so you dont get done for leaving the scene of a accident you would not get the blame as it should not of been there in the first place.

:slight_smile: Well done Steve - I can award you 20 bonus points, 10 for being a Taxi illegally parked and a further 10 for being (I’m guessing) a person of Asian origin. :laughing:
You clearly have a good future in our industry. :wink:

A similar incident happened to me last year when I was turning into the service road to a store near Warrington. Also a Taxi,well a Transit minibus actually, also illegally parked on a yellow line and at twenty to six on a Sunday morning as well. Took his offside wing mirror off with the rear corner of the trailer, but no panel damage at all - I was quite proud of myself,…comes with experience, I suppose. :stuck_out_tongue:

All Aldi tri axle trailers have a Rear steer axle, don’t know whether you have already been shown this by the other guys. The on/off switch is by the suspension raise/lower lever on most of the trailers, or next to the handbrake/shunt button on the newer trailers. I find that you only really need the rear steer switched on at a few stores where it is really tight getting in or out. With the rear steer on you need to allow just a little bit more for the rear corner to ‘kick out’. :sunglasses: (Switch up for on and down for off…I remember this by the phrase ROUND/UP and STRAIGHT/DOWN as you think about the wheels turning.) :stuck_out_tongue:

thanks deesider i will take a look on the trailer tonight, last night was masborough store and boy what a pain :open_mouth: , turned into the carpark which seems to be the local rotherham boy racer meet up point so doing the roundup was a certain no no as the little scrots would not move :imp: so it was a reverse out on the road :confused: , I then had to reverse a good 400yrds up the road into the second exit onto the dock! easy peesy some folk are thinking!!? wrong gap was big enough just and a very very tight turn backing onto the dock as when they built the store the decided to put up some nice fencing! right where you needed the extra turning or shunt to get straightend up also to make things worse 2 aroogant taxi drivers not a word of english would not move so my margin for error was cut down by half f,in non speaking asains :imp: pittle of back to your place and stop being leeches sucking our country dry!! rant over.

any hoo in the end i got on the dock and the wagon parked looking like it had jack knived :sunglasses: . then unloading having the the local boy racer boys and girls shouting have you got any vodka!! my reply was aint it pass your bedtime :laughing: