Weather

All I can say is hats off to those that tramp 5 days a week in this heat. I only do 2 nights out a week and last night was hard work to get some sleep in. I did how ever run the air con for a bit but once it was turned off, boy did the temp go back up

hats off to the guys who kip in the day.
I don`t think I could handle it

Sleeping in a truck with no air con and the windows up against Northern Italy’s entire Mosquito population back in the eighties and nineties wasnt good either.

And in 70 degrees of overnight heat…but we did it week in week out through the summer months. I do sympathise with you lads who tramp the UK and those that run to hot climes, It still cant be much fun.

Thanks! :wink:

Night TRAMPING! Aaaaaaashhhhhbbbb bliss! :sunglasses: air con on, engine running, CAB HOTEL! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

mickyblue:
All I can say is hats off to those that tramp 5 days a week in this heat. I only do 2 nights out a week and last night was hard work to get some sleep in. I did how ever run the air con for a bit but once it was turned off, boy did the temp go back up

If you’d done a bloody days work you’d sleep :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Trust me I did a days work, 14 1/2 on the card. I had 9 drops in and around Newcastle and Sunderland and managed to get them all done and that’s with a 4 hour drive to get there in the first place

dozy:

mickyblue:

If you’d done a bloody days work you’d sleep :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I’ve done 15 hours and 13 hours this week and struggled some nights to get some decent kip and that’s including doing multi drop down Devon and Cornwall to builders merchants getting on the back of the trailer hand balling plastic coils etc off. I’d class that as work.

after had woken up I had a 3 hour drive back to get reloaded and then do more before the weekend. Not slating anyone’s work, just pointing out I did some work that day. I have easy days and hard days work, but I am only in a rigid and can only do as many drops

I wasn’t having a go at you Micky. I just thought that Dozy was being unfair and jumping to conclusions saying that if you did a days work then you would sleep. It’s very hard to sleep when the weather is like this and you are tossing and turning and the sheets are covered in sweat. I sleep with both windows down a bit and the sunroof open but it still is hard to get a good nights kip, plus with the windows down you hear a lot more noise than you would with them up and this doesn’t help sometimes.

Wish I struggled to get to sleep of an night!

Saaamon:
Wish I struggled to get to sleep of an night!

Same here, I can go out like a light.

Being in the van the last two weeks I’ve stayed in premier inns and the odd BnB, Wednesday night I was in a tiny sweltering room in a ■■■■■■■ bunk bed :laughing: still, no trouble sleeping.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
I wasn’t having a go at you Micky. I just thought that Dozy was being unfair and jumping to conclusions saying that if you did a days work then you would sleep. It’s very hard to sleep when the weather is like this and you are tossing and turning and the sheets are covered in sweat. I sleep with both windows down a bit and the sunroof open but it still is hard to get a good nights kip, plus with the windows down you hear a lot more noise than you would with them up and this doesn’t help sometimes.

I drive a fridge and when I am empty I tend to try and park between non fridge vehicles as I have found that even with the fridge off the buggers still park near me thinking mine is on :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: and if I had one parked near me with the window down I would be not getting sleep at all.

Talk about sweat, I am now wondering why I had a shower before I went to sleep, woke up feeling the same as I did before I had one lol

No trouble sleeping either, even with the fridge running :slight_smile:

If i have the windows closed and my fridge running i tend to get a good night’s kip. The non stop humming tends to knock me out

Do lads that do fridges sometimes wake up through the night at home when they are off work thinking the fridge ain’t running if they have been in a deep sleep? :smiley:

My A/C went down a few weeks back in 89f heat, I spent one night trying to sleep in a pool of sweat, did my delivery and headed straight to the dealers and didn’t move untill it was fixed. Some of our guys have broken A/C and don’t complain about it, I have no idea how they do it ? … the past week it has touched 120f sometimes.

I haven’t done that yet but i did do the “panic” behind the wheel when i had a 15 minute kip at Weatherby services. I woke up thinking i had crashed in to a lamp post and screamed. Sorry to the M&S driver. I scared the ■■■■ out of him but he did laugh :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Talking of weather what a superb thunder & lightning storm we had over Bristol early this morning. I was asleep when it woke me and for an hour it was permanent lightning just like a disco with strobes everywhere and the thunder rumbled permanently aswell and didn’t stop.
Only ever seen one that good before and that was in the Keys.

bald bloke:
Talking of weather what a superb thunder & lightning storm we had over Bristol early this morning. I was asleep when it woke me and for an hour it was permanent lightning just like a disco with strobes everywhere and the thunder rumbled permanently aswell and didn’t stop.
Only ever seen one that good before and that was in the Keys.

What a sight to see when driving. I was loving it whilst driving down the A1M