weather warning

42 degrees here in melbourne yesterday (nye), 30 degrees over night (what the [zb]■■?) and 38 today (nyd)

jaysus

Language edit. If a word needs altered to get it past the auto censor then that is the very obvious clue it is not allowed.

A good source of weather reports and forcasts

Useful for Trucking (as it gives an over view)

From UK Met-Office ( not coloured [Sensationalised] by your TV/Radio forcaster )

Here:

metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ … ssure.html

metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ … ather.html

metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ … nings.html

Just the BARE facts

PS: run the animation on the 1st links (even if you dont understand the symbols) Its very pretty !! :slight_smile:

according to that then its all bollox then

Coffeeholic:
Nice one, my favourite kind of weather so at least I have something to look forward to now.

Will you be trying that night heater out now then mate ■■

swordtail:
according to that then its all bollox then

Just about anything that is written by Piers Corbyn is all bollox. He is well known for getting the tabloid headlines by selling them dramatic forecasts like this that very rarely come to anything in reality. They all jump on the bandwagon, everyone gets excited and then nothing happens.

Paul

del949:
but we still got to school!!

I didn’t :wink: took me till 1967 to get to school ( when I was 5) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

jimboy124:

Coffeeholic:
Nice one, my favourite kind of weather so at least I have something to look forward to now.

Unlikely, haven’t even worked out how to turn it on since we’ve had the current trucks. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yer, dont you just love Radio/Tv “Weathermen”

Suggest you investigater the Met-Office site side banner

Here’s one of the sub-pages I partically like:

metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ … index.html :slight_smile:

Safe Truckin: Q out

Coffeeholic:

jimboy124:

Coffeeholic:

Unlikely, haven’t even worked out how to turn it on since we’ve had the current trucks. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well then… are you up for a warming man hug big boy ■■ ■■

Bloody cold today, the heaters in our Depot were on all morning ( I work for Home Delivery Network( Or Reality or White Arrow) Lincoln ) even after the drivers had gone and all doors shut.
I heard on the radio that bookies are taking bets that this coming cold snap will be the coldest in England < -26C from 1982
Just hope it doesnt result in anyone here bending their trucks or bodies…
About snow, 2cms will stop everything south of Watford and cause a “State of Emergency” to be declared but any further north getting major snowdrifts will only get a shrug of shoulders from the Media
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Fastrantiger:
The Met office are forever predicting blizzards that never come, one day they’ll issue a warning and it will actually snow :open_mouth:

During my lifetime the country has only ever come to a complete standstill because of snow once, and that was 1962/63.

It started on 29th December, by the next day the snow was up to 15ft deep and the whole country was affected. Then in January temperature was down to minus 16c, this lasted throughout January - then the snow started again in February.

I lived 2 miles out from town and it took 6 weeks before a path was cut through the snow for pedestrian access. It wasn’t until March 6th (I think) that all the roads were open again.

I know there’s been a few blizzards since but none that have covered the entire country. Some of the older hands on here wont forget the winter of 62/63 in a hurry, I know I wont, we didnt have central heating or double glazing in our house :open_mouth: (the birth rate went up in 1964 :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: )

I remember that only too well,thought it was Boxing night TBH but whatever…I didn’t go to school for 6 weeks,we had Dairy cows in those days,tipped the milk down the drain for a week or more,Father spent every waking hour trying to dig the lane clear with a T20 and MIL Loader…then discovered the blizzards had frozen hard enough to drive a tractor and trailer with a few 10 gallon churns of milk across fields and over the tops of the hedges and then out onto the main road…
Happy days ? were they Horlicks…I hate the cold with a passion you cant even dream about…goin back to bed,put the alarm on for late February… :laughing:

My apologies fastrantiger :wink: .
I asked my mum and she says it was an awful winter which lasted for months

Cold weather has brought traffic chaos to Carmarthen this afternoon… caused by the plonkers who flocked to Morrisons’ to panic-buy bread and milk, meaning there was nowt left by 6 pm when we went! :angry:

Jeezus, they get half an hour’s snow here every year if they’re lucky! :imp: :imp:

What the hell is it that makes Joe Public behave like ruddy lemmings every time the temperature drops a couple of degrees?

Arse. First morning back and it snows. Just went I want to be in bed. Bloody Landy best start (unlikely). :cry: :cry: :cry:

hope it doesnt snow too much because when it eventually thaws hull will bloody flood again. :smiley:

Ok Guys

Here’s the worst for Thursday

metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ … nings.html

Click on your region

Quoting overview for Thursday

"These are issued when severe weather is expected in the next few days. "

“Risk of disruption
Warning” “Heavy Snow” “Valid from 0600 Thu 3 to 0600 Fri 4”

"As cold air sets in across the country the Met Office is expecting a spell of snow on Thursday and at first on Friday. Two separate areas of snow are expected. The snow affecting eastern Scotland and Northumbria will be more persistent and heavy leading to 10-20 cm accumulations on high ground, and 5 cm or so on lower ground, though rain is more likely close to coasts. This is expected to cause disruption to travel networks especially across higher level routes. Lighter snow is expected further south, which will turn to rain later. Here, there is some uncertainty about how much snow there will be, though latest estimates suggest little, if any, lying snow in most parts, but with the risk of 3- 5 cm over parts of East Anglia and southeast England, as well as on high ground over 100 m elsewhere. Again, this could cause travel disruption, though with lower confidence.

Issued at: 1106 Wed 2 Jan"

liked the advisory bit avoid travel unless nescasary think i wil ring in later not go to work till the weather improves a few months off then :smiley:

Snowing here in Huddersfield as I speak. Garden’s white over already :open_mouth: .

it was pretty bad in the early 80’s, 84 i think
bad enough to get the tacho rules suspended for us fruit and veg boys so we could get the food out.
i remember one night in particular where instead of wisbech to A17 and head north to the markets and supermarkets, the only way through was wisbech to peterborough, p/boro to thrapston, thrapston thru finedon to wellingboro then the A45 to the M1, M1 to the M62 across to the A1 and drop down to doncaster market, about six and a half hours solid driving to do what was normally a two and a half hour run
we earned some cracking money for about a month before the amnesty was lifted, didn’t get home much though
before anyone asks why we didnt just use the A14, it wasn’t there then.

Rob K:
Snowing here in Huddersfield as I speak. Garden’s white over already :open_mouth: .

so that means that you not can see me then als i look to you :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: