Weather red warning

Thereal-john:
If the weather gets too bad the insurance company sometimes will order them to take vehicles off the road.

Really…?

■■■■■■00:
Ireland Wales and north west to be hit by 100mph winds. Expect disruption to transport and structural damage . . . . Now the risks are known in advance who is going to put themselves and others at risk for 8 or 9 pound an hour.

Me, I’ll be up in Lancashire tomorrow early doors, starting at midnight, I’m not too worried about getting up there its the coming back over the M62, if its too bad I’ll just park it up, the wind won’t stop me trying, slow and steady will be the order of the day tomorrow!

twitter.com/NWmwaypolice/status … 6608562176

That’s handy just been a cossover M60 Denton to Bredbury 2 lanes closed each way

Gotta go Warrington - Newtown - Aberystwyth - Porthmadog - Warrington tomorrow…dreading it :open_mouth:

Parked up for the night but heading to Irvine, Scotland at 0600 from mold, just hope the weather calms down

■■■■■■00:
Ireland Wales and north west to be hit by 100mph winds. Expect disruption to transport and structural damage . . . . Now the risks are known in advance who is going to put themselves and others at risk for 8 or 9 pound an hour.

I risked it.
my thinking was, that the media are well known for getting a bit carried away with this sort of thing.
so… I thought I’give it a go and evaluate the situation as I went.
Landed in brigend 90 mins ago without drama :sunglasses: max weight speed down to 45/50

Pimpdaddy:

Thereal-john:
If the weather gets too bad the insurance company sometimes will order them to take vehicles off the road.

Really…?

Where has the real john gone? There is an imposter :confused:

Wheel Nut:

Pimpdaddy:

Thereal-john:

Really…?

Where has the real john gone? There is an imposter :confused:

:mrgreen:

Man in his 70’s died today in Wiltshire.
He was moving a fallen tree and electrocuted by fallen power cables.
That is a daft thing to do.
Pick up the phone,let the proffesionals deal with it.Let the tree stay there.

Some people on the roads, be it cyclist to HGV driver are nothing short of selfish idiots who only care about themselves, getting to their destination with complete disregard for anyone else on the road they may injure or inconvenience should the worse happen due to their selfish mistake. They deserve the points and fine for their ignorance.

mjallby:
Has anyones company actually said to them its too dangerous tonight don’t run ?

Ive had one company say this to me. It was during the bad snow that we had last time around.
But we dont talk to loud about it as he is a member on here :wink: :wink:

Police have closed M6 southbound at Junction 40 Penrith. Just parked on Ind Est waiting now. Anyone know anything?

According to highways agency it’s just to do with highwinds and is closed to high sided vehicles between J36-J40(J40-J36) Also shut most of the way down so… Could be a long night in the ind est.

mjallby:
Has anyones company actually said to them its too dangerous tonight don’t run ?

I’ve been stood down tonight on pay and been offered some o/t, if things are better tomorrow, to catch up. :smiley: Every cloud and all that…

To be fair I’d have gone out but our trunk has been cancelled being stuck behind the M6 closure.

Trucks blown over from shap to m55 3 of which had already passed me at full speed, one blown over on m 55 slip overhanging m6 s/b causing closure at 33. Stay safe

Complete Traffic on Facebook wrote…
URGENT NOTICE - M6 TO REMAIN CLOSED FOLLOWING INCIDENT:
This is an urgent notice, informing motorists of an incident on the M6 in Lancashire, which has forced the closure of the southbound carriageway at Junction 33 until further notice.

Posted 5 minutes ago :frowning: :frowning:

They reckon it could be closed till at least mid morning!

I had a call from the office around 3.15 to go back to yard, I was already heading back anyway as every road I was trying to use was closed or being closed , wind is whipping up here again in Pembrokeshire…

we got our dd trunks to Scotland through the night but customer still not happy because they were late. Not one word of thanks

Well that was a busy nightshift in the control room.
Went into work at 10pm for the nightshift, Thelwall closed in both directions, wind speed over 70 mph and a cross wind at that, nothing over on Thelwall.
Barton bridge closed both directions, HGV over on top of a car right at the top of the bridge.
Both bridges were reopened about 3am as the wind died down slightly.
M60, J25 - 24 closed due to HGV over on top of a car, major barrier damage and diesel spill, got that open but with a lane closure at approx 4am.
M6 at the top of ■■■■■■■■ 4 HGV’s over there but all on the H/S, so left for daytime recovery.
M6, J32, HGV on the exit slip to the M55, gone into the barrier on the over-bridge, smashed a load of the barrier down, HGV was recovered before midnight, but lots of work to be carried out on the barrier, checks on the bridge etc, J33 - J32 closed meanwhile as this was right over the top of the S/Bound M6 c/way, we got the main c/way reopened at approx 3-30am, but the slip to the M55 remained closed until variguard could be installed were the gap in the fence now is. this was due to arrive on scene at approx 6-30am, but I’d gone home at 6am.
HGV over on the M53, again on the H/S so left for daytime recovery.
HGV over around J44 M6, S/B, in lane 3, winds far too high to attempt recovery untill approx 5-45am when recovery was started.
M62 J21 to J24 (I think! - not my patch-) HGV’s taken off the motorway to find alternative routes.
During the night, HGV’s were taken off the motorways at M6, J36 N/B, and J39 S/B.

Some of our afternoon patrols that should have gone home at 10pm as we came on, stayed on to assist until their problem had been resolved, some finally going home at around 4am.