wearing hi viz

hi all
just seen a driver walk across Orwell truck park in the dark with just his dark clothing on. He then got into his truck and put his hi viz vest on before driving off. Is it just me or is this odd behaviour. Surely it would have made more sense the other way round. Hi viz on in the dark and take it off to drive.

Kin wierdo :smiley:

Did he go to the toilet, pee in an Oasis bottle then come out and throw the bottle in to his cab through the window? :smiley:

Like these screwballs that put a coat on over a hi-vis vest :unamused:

I dont know how people can drive wearing them, the reflection in the windscreen drives me mad! :laughing:

The ■■■■■■ plastic crackle sends me bonkers. Be more comfortable wearing a bin liner.

Beetie:
I dont know how people can drive wearing them, the reflection in the windscreen drives me mad! :laughing:

me too sends me up the walls :angry:

harry:
The ■■■■■■ plastic crackle sends me bonkers. Be more comfortable wearing a bin liner.

PMSL, I cant even get the basteward things around my back, no-body thought of poor ol me when they invented them. “XXL not XL You [ZB]”…“sorry m8, no-one else here that has a 5…6 and 7 o`clock shadow!” :open_mouth: :smiley:

its great not having to wear a hi viz, aint wore one for about 2 months i think…even on site :smiley:

its great,back home u have to put a hi viz on just to walk to you truck. over here i can climb up onto my tank without one :smiley:

But the Geneva Convention states that you must wear hi-viz at all times so that you are fully visible to the enemy to avoid targeting civilians. Not a lotta people know that.

harry:
But the Geneva Convention states that you must wear hi-viz at all times so that you are fully visible to the enemy to avoid targeting civilians. Not a lotta people know that.

i think people over the water arnt as blind as alot of people in the uk lol. its not hard to spot a fat jock ontop of a tanker

Is it the enemy that wears yellow viz or the Allies? Maybe you have to take in turns with the orange …? needs clearing up.

OOoops…I thought it was a tank!! Army tank.

lol ive got an orange and a yellow hi viz withme. never needed them as of yet though.

I went to a Hanson brick site the other day, first time i’ve been in anywhere like that. Incidentally, it was probably the most signposted HGV route I have ever followed, I was quite impressed.

The health and safety sign tickled me, as it stated quite clearly to “put your high vis on before you leave the cab, do not walk across the yard still putting it on”

The fumbling is exactly what I do, usually all the way across the yard, and might have just about got it on by the time I reach goods in, but its highly likely to be inside out :laughing: Hateful things. All they are good for is preventing fifth wheel grease from getting on your clothes when hitching up, the high vis doesn’t get worn in the cab, not for a single second, nowhere near any fabric, and doesn’t go beyond the footwell.

Can’t remember a time i’ve had a “ooh glad I had my high vis on” moment. If you always assume forklift drivers/machinery operators are out to kill you, then it won’t make any difference whether you are wearing one or not.

Amazing the places that will point blank refuse to deal with you unless you meet their check list of health and safety paraphernalia, including (but not limited to); hard hat, ear duffs, safety glasses, gloves, bump cap, high viz, steel toes, fire proof apron, oven gloves, rolling pin, cuddly toy, survival tin (inc emergency rations) for when you get lost at the RDC, ■■■■ alarm/boat whistle (for the same reason), flashing beacon if your forehead protrudes more than 6 inches above your eyes, warning flags for your knuckles dragging along the floor, absorbent pads to contain excessive drool.

The next 5-10 year is certainly going to be… interesting.

Assuming i’m not in a rubber room before then.

Where they not designed for the docks, so that tower crane drivers could see that little spot far below them??

The world goes nuts with their High Viz, people wearing them in supermarkets doing their weekend shopping (their shift was finished x hours ago put it looks bright…does it ■■■■!!

Been in many a factory, they would kick you of their premisses if you didn’t wear your High Viz, but at 5 o’clock the offices finished and all walked without a high viz to their car.

It’s mainly in the UK this High Viz daftness, but where the rule should be is that everyone on the hard shoulder when broken down would wear a high viz (please a different color for ■■■■■’s so that we can hit them, the stealing robbing ■■■■■■■■■ :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: )

They hardly wear them on the continent, but I never seen stacks of dead body’s lying around factory yards being overrunned while not wearing their High Viz.

Makes life easier chatting abroad at truckstops/ drops etc. You can spot the “English” with their high viz!

everybody working for tarmac have got to wear orange hi viz trousers now!

It,s got to the stage now that they are so over used, you stand out more now if you don,t wear one. My regular thing is if I,m standing at a goods in hatch getting ignored :imp: :imp: (as you do) is to take off my hi-viz, within seconds one of the ignorant tossers says where,s your hi-viz driver, and I say Oh you can see me then, doesn,t usually go down too well though, but at least they acknowledge that you exist. :laughing:

Slightly off topic but all these orange flashing lights on vehicles at airports (trucks, cars, every bloody thing) - went to New York recently and at JFK - no flashing nonsense at all. What’s a 747 meant to do with a car on the runway, Swerve?? :laughing:

caledoniandream:
Where they not designed for the docks, so that tower crane drivers could see that little spot far below them??

The world goes nuts with their High Viz, people wearing them in supermarkets doing their weekend shopping (their shift was finished x hours ago put it looks bright…does it [zb]!!

Been in many a factory, they would kick you of their premisses if you didn’t wear your High Viz, but at 5 o’clock the offices finished and all walked without a high viz to their car.

It’s mainly in the UK this High Viz daftness, but where the rule should be is that everyone on the hard shoulder when broken down would wear a high viz (please a different color for ■■■■■’s so that we can hit them, the stealing robbing [zb]! :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: )

They hardly wear them on the continent, but I never seen stacks of dead body’s lying around factory yards being overrunned while not wearing their High Viz.

Where is the like button?