Wearing glasses

ive a eye test on friday and im 99% sure ill have to start wearing READING glasses,do i have to inform anyone of this. ta

no

I cant see it. :sunglasses:

Only if your vision falls below the minimum legal requirement without glasses / lenses

ady1:
ive a eye test on friday and im 99% sure ill have to start wearing READING glasses,do i have to inform anyone of this. ta

Now you know it’s true, it can make you go blind. :smiley:

The only downside is if you only need them for work. Once you start wearing them all day, you’ll never stop wearing them, as I found out.

If your short sighted, like me, then you’ll inevitably need them for driving to see things at a distance. If your long sighted, then you’ll only need them to see things close up. That’s great when your making love to the wife, as you can’t see her and can imagine it’s some really fit piece. :sunglasses:

Ken.

I went for an eye test yesturday, my optician stunned me when he charged me £50.

I didn`t see that coming …

peirre:
I went for an eye test yesturday, my optician stunned me when he charged me £50.

I didn`t see that coming …

Tumbleweed…

When it happened to me I paid £loads for a pair from the optician. They lasted about a month before they fell out of my pocket and got trodden on. Ever since then I have bought them from Tesco at £3 a pair. They do the job perfectly and at that price they are almost disposable. I had a pair in the truck, a pair in my bag, in my pocket and by the computer at home.

ady1:

Hiya …you don’t have to inform the dvla…YOU must carry the glasses with you at all times when driving.
if the law stop you and you’ve forgotten your glasses they can mke you get home buy public transport to get
your glasses…SO get some readers from tesco put a pair of glasses in every vehicle you drive and keep your
best ones at home for special occasions… you’ll only stand on the good ones at work so get the cheepies
good luck John

ady1:

When you go to collect your specs ask your Optician, and tell him that you have an LGV license, and what will also matter is when you passed your LGV test. This is because licenses issued before a certain date have a different standard applied. He will tell you whether you need to infrom DVLA. But if you have only just found it nesccerary to get your eyes tested recently, then I doutb that your eyes are that bad :wink: .

I’m as blind as a bat withouot specs, and now have reading glasse aswell :open_mouth: as the ones i’ve had for long-sightedness since i was a child. and every couple off years I ask my optician the same question “am i going to fit for the 45yr medical” he assure me I will, but i’ll find out this summer :wink:

3300John:
[you don’t have to inform the dvla…YOU must carry the glasses with you at all times when driving.
if the law stop you and you’ve forgotten your glasses they can mke you get home buy public transport to get
your glasses…

If you dont inform the DVLA then you will have nothing on your license to tell the Police that you require glasses.

take the sensible route mate, let the optician tell you what u need , dont panick the lgv medical sight test its dif. 2 fail, i ve seen (haha)VOSA in services on M3 with the full works i.e. the medical guys ,doing /testing drivers sight , if not carrying glasses and you fail its park the truck /call the boss time >when i lived /worked in GERMANY, late 90"s when applying 4 ANY driving job /any class, u had 2 attend interview with a sight test cert no older than 6 wks! and, on that test ,it was 100% pass or no pass cert issued ! AND, test was rather more than ours ,>no kidding

As everyone else says… take them with you at all times, and a spare as well.
I had a spectacle lens drop out whilst barreling through roadworks on M1, had to drive all the way home squinting out of my good eye. :wink:
Might also suggest a pair of safety specs - make you look a complete wally but they work. Also I understand most employers will make a contribution if you NEED them for work.

mkb600:
I had a spectacle lens drop out whilst barreling through roadworks on M1, had to drive all the way home squinting out of my good eye. :wink:

Given my experience of the M1 roadworks each night I offer the suggestion that you are not the first, and certainly won’t be the last to drive through there squinting through only one eye. I would further suggest you may have been using one more eye than some who drive through there.

Thankyou.

Santa:
When it happened to me I paid £loads for a pair from the optician. They lasted about a month before they fell out of my pocket and got trodden on. Ever since then I have bought them from Tesco at £3 a pair. They do the job perfectly and at that price they are almost disposable. I had a pair in the truck, a pair in my bag, in my pocket and by the computer at home.

+1