Weapons in trucks

as you are aware, we in england are not allowed to carry guns or knives.
however, we are allowed to carry crossbows, there are even some rules that allow us to shoot welshmen, yorkshiremen, and scots.
but are we allowed to shoot taliban hijackers with a crossbow?

limeyphil:
however, we are allowed to carry crossbows, there are even some rules that allow us to shoot welshmen, yorkshiremen, and scots.

So, if we can shoot welshmen, yorkshiremen and scots, how do we tell these appart from other people when they attack? Do we have to ask, then ask them to wait while we grab our cross bows?

the shooting welshmen thing only applies within the city walls of chester and some other walled cities.
and the scotsman, yorkshireman thing is more complex.

i would shoot a taliban hijacker with a stapler if i knew it would hurt him :smiley:

lol , i remember seeing that same ancient law about shooting welsh people crossing the bridge on a sunday into shrewsbury.

heres another funny law…
In Liverpool it is illegal for a woman to be ■■■■■■■ in public except as a clerk in a tropical fish store.

limeyphil:
however, we are allowed to carry crossbows

Phil, given the propensity of British cops to shoot first and ask questions later, (a la De Menezes, table legs in carrier bags etc) I wouldn’t even think about it :open_mouth:

But wasn’t there something on here a while back about carrying a baseball bat AND ball - something to do with having it for leisure purposes.

Don’t quote me though :laughing: :laughing:

It’s probably all a bit of a slippery slope to be honest. You’re much better off learning some decent self defence:

krav-maga-uk.com/

Singapore.

Oral ■■■ is illegal unless it is used as a form of foreplay

Failure to flush a public toilet after use may result in very hefty fines.

The sale of gum is prohibited.

It is illegal to pee in an elevator

Prohibited from picking Flowers.

■■■■■■■■■■■ is illegal.

It is considered an offense to enter the country with cigarettes.

it is also an offence to carry a Durian on any public Transport … (Durian is a fruit that stinks… and i mean stinks!!!)

limeyphil:

I regularly carry both a gun & a knife & have never been prosecuted yet. Which part of carrying my gun & knife is illegal?

Crossbows are for people who cannot operate a Longbow. Usually the young (& foolish) or female of the species.

Whilst out & about with my gun, my knife & occasionally my Longbow, I often come across Welshmen, Yorkshiremen & the odd Scotchman (most are odd I’ll grant you). Please tell me under what circumstances I’m allowed to shoot them?

The last time I was hijacked by the Taliban sadly my Longbow wasn’t within reach but my 5 battery Maglight was, please tell me if carrying a 5 battery Maglight is legal or not.

Chas:

limeyphil:

I regularly carry both a gun & a knife & have never been prosecuted yet. Which part of carrying my gun & knife is illegal?

Crossbows are for people who cannot operate a Longbow. Usually the young (& foolish) or female of the species.

Whilst out & about with my gun, my knife & occasionally my Longbow, I often come across Welshmen, Yorkshiremen & the odd Scotchman (most are odd I’ll grant you). Please tell me under what circumstances I’m allowed to shoot them?

The last time I was hijacked by the Taliban sadly my Longbow wasn’t within reach but my 5 battery Maglight was, please tell me if carrying a 5 battery Maglight is legal or not.

If you used it to hit someone with in the event of a hijacking or such like then it could be construed as an offensive weapon and therefore you could be done for using it as such. :wink: also the weight of a 5 cell would do damage and this is what you would end up being done for…

the good thing about scotland is weve no real laws about when we can killl
■■■■■■■■ :laughing:

I’m not going to chester or shrewsbury then :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

welshboyinspain:
I’m not going to chester or shrewsbury then :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

You’ll be OK in In Hereford, “you may not shoot a Welsh person on Sunday with a longbow in the Cathedral Close”.

I worked with a bloke that was forever going on about his ‘big weapon’, then one day one of the female drivers asked to see the ‘big weapon’. It was confirmed the next day that the said ‘big weapon’ was in fact nothing of the sort. The bloke never mentioned the subject again :laughing:

The moral of this story being, if you carry a ‘big weapon’, tell nobody. Then in the event it’s ever needed, you will have the element of surprise :wink:

Tiger.

limeyphil:

You can always say that if you seen this man in nightgow you mistakely took it for a kilt and shoot him :wink:

I used to have a friend in the metropolitan police. Sometimes when there was nothing much going on they would set up a road block and stop “likely” looking cars.

This usually meant any car with more than one passenger in it. Of course most of these were minicabs and they would just have a quick check on tax insurance etc and send them on their merry way. Quite often they would find, under the driver’s seat, a heavy torch, screwdriver, pipe, or some other handy bit of kit that the driver could use to defend himself.

When they found it they would ask “What’s this doing here then?”

If the reply was “I keep that andy to bash troublemakers wiv,” or some such; then they got nicked for carrying…

If they said “Ow did that get there,” or “So that’s where that got too,” then they were told to put it in the boot and sent on.

The point is that if anyone asks you what the torch is for and you say “I need it in the night…” A piece of pipe is handy when you need leverage changing a wheel etc etc. then they can’t prove it is a weapon. I’m not sure about a crossbow but I suspect that it would be pretty useless anyway. A switch knife or a gun would be hard to explain.

One rule always applies though — never have a weapon you aren’t ready and prepared to use.

Santa:
I’m not sure about a crossbow but I suspect that it would be pretty useless anyway. A switch knife or a gun would be hard to explain.

just tell them you need it to get your lunch.

or maybe not.

if you got the right licence/certificate for your guns, and your ammunition is in a locked box and you say you’re on your way to a shooting club etc to shoot things theres not much they can do about it.

I’m pretty sure if you got caught with a crossbow in a truck you would be in deep (zb) :neutral_face:

A manky old Land Rover with a dog asleep on the front seat, being driven by an old boy in a trilby hat - maybe :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: