We were considering a ev

Not now if a electric car battery cause a explosion that wrecks a container , can be heard throughout the site , people nearby told to keep doors / windows shut because of lithium fumes what happens when your ev goes up , I’m sticking to petrol / diesel

dozy:
Not now if a electric car battery cause a explosion that wrecks a container , can be heard throughout the site , people nearby told to keep doors / windows shut because of lithium fumes what happens when your ev goes up , I’m sticking to petrol / diesel

Petrol cars can also catch fire. Filling stations or tankers can explode.
Nothing is risk free.

Franglais:

dozy:

Petrol cars can also catch fire. Filling stations or tankers can explode.
Nothing is risk free.

Yep , I’m reading one of Dozy’s post ps

You’re quite right Dozy, it’s not just the fire risk where a battery car burns multiple times hotter than petrol, the fumes given off are not just lethal but can and a will disable one for life.

John Cadogan did a video recently about this very thing.
youtube.com/watch?v=fhHQ202FZtU&t=6s

Juddian:
You’re quite right Dozy, it’s not just the fire risk where a battery car burns multiple times hotter than petrol, the fumes given off are not just lethal but can and a will disable one for life.

John Cadogan did a video recently about this very thing.
youtube.com/watch?v=fhHQ202FZtU&t=6s

It`s certainly true that EV fires can be very hot and very serious. There are issues, absolutely true.

However it seems they are less common than many think: “Thatcham Research CTO, Richard Billyeald, said that electric vehicles generally have a lower fire risk than fossil-fuel vehicles, but that the data pool is currently small”

thecarexpert.co.uk/are-elec … %20hybrids.

Aside from the exploding fireball tendencies, too expensive, crap range, crap charging infrastructure, expensive electricity, not enough electricity, will it even make it to 10 years before the battery is ■■■■■■. All the reasons why I’m not considering an EV.

bigstraight6:
Aside from the exploding fireball tendencies, too expensive, crap range, crap charging infrastructure, expensive electricity, not enough electricity, will it even make it to 10 years before the battery is [zb]. All the reasons why I’m not considering an EV.

That’s why my ev os only on a 4 year PCP , I will reevaluate when it comes up for renewal in 3 years

blue estate:

bigstraight6:
Aside from the exploding fireball tendencies, too expensive, crap range, crap charging infrastructure, expensive electricity, not enough electricity, will it even make it to 10 years before the battery is [zb]. All the reasons why I’m not considering an EV.

That’s why my ev os only on a 4 year PCP , I will reevaluate when it comes up for renewal in 3 years

Not much good for the like of working class lorry drivers who drive cars 10 years or older to get to work, if my workplace is anything to go by.