We have had bigger than that in here

A good driver what :smiley: youtube.com/watch?v=EfLJa1hH3Pk

Bon Pilote,
Nowt wrong with that,

I myself have been in more tightspots, than James Herriots elbow. :laughing:

Whenever I go to some craphole location that is tight as you like and you just manage to squeeze in, I always wonder what would happen if the wagon suffered a catastrophic failure that couldnā€™t be sorted at the roadside. Adding 40 odd foot of wrecker on the front, would be impossible in some of these places.

Just wondering if he was following a sat nav that took him down there?

Ex shunter driver so that was easy shouldnt need to slow down for that :wink:

Seriously though ibet his arrse was going 20p - 50p

oatcake1967:
Bon Pilote,
Nowt wrong with that,

I myself have been in more tightspots, than James Herriots elbow. :laughing:

Quite often if the sign says ā€œUnsuitable for HGVā€™sā€. Then thatā€™ll be where we are tipping.

Did anyone else on here used to take the steel down to Rocca Canavese and end up in the village?. . .
I did the first time i went there :blush: mind you, the "proper way in " wasnt much better !!

i think he was making meal of it!!! now iā€™d be impressed if heā€™d reversed back round

Sorry boys and girls, but Iā€™m with Mr B. :unamused:

I thinks the most disturbing part of that clip are the peeps that keep nipping down the L/H/S of the truck and right in front of the bonnet.

i dont mean to be a smart arse but im only driving artics a couple of years and i regularly (daily) have to contend with a flour mill thats tighter than that, and a good few other places ive been to as well, he should have been able to do that a lot quicker.

on the other hand to be fair maybe it was his first week driving articsā€¦

beattun:
i dont mean to be a smart arse but im only driving artics a couple of years and i regularly (daily) have to contend with a flour mill thats tighter than that, and a good few other places ive been to as well, he should have been able to do that a lot quickerā€¦

Why would he need to do it quicker? Better to be slow and careful than to try and be a hero and hit something or someoneā€¦ :unamused:

I bet your flour mill hasnā€™t got a load of tossers swarming all around your truck when youā€™re doing the manoeuvre - and you do yours daily, it may well be this driverā€™s first time in that location.

good drive that, very good compared to the normal spanish driving standards ,normaly most spanish cars have a dent in the side lol! :laughing:

Sir LANs-a-lot:

beattun:
i dont mean to be a smart arse but im only driving artics a couple of years and i regularly (daily) have to contend with a flour mill thats tighter than that, and a good few other places ive been to as well, he should have been able to do that a lot quickerā€¦

Why would he need to do it quicker? Better to be slow and careful than to try and be a hero and hit something or someoneā€¦ :unamused:

I bet your flour mill hasnā€™t got a load of tossers swarming all around your truck when youā€™re doing the manoeuvre - and you do yours daily, it may well be this driverā€™s first time in that location.

ill take that one on the chin, you make a good point, i wasnt meaning to be hard on the guy, i think i was just trying to say that that wasnt crash hot driving or anything.

Thing is lad. I would hazard a guess that the flour mills that you have delivered to have had artics in there before. I know myself that if I know an artic has been in before then I will get in as well.

That video looks like he has taken a wrong turn. I know he must be feeling like a total prick at that moment, escpecially with all those people looking on too.

He done a good job getting it out causing no damage. I thought the tailswing would have knocked the wall down.

i never considered tail swing, the trailers i pull (in oz) have the axles pretty much at the back of the trailer, theres stuff all overhang, which makes things a bit easier in tight spots

Yep, nearly all our trailers have the wheels right at the arse end, which stops the worry about tail swing, but it also makes the wheelbase longer, so itā€™s swings and roundabouts.