We can put men on the moon but

…they cant make a commercialy viable reefer than makes miminal noise when fully operational on the road :exclamation: . unless they have and i was just unfortunate :question: :question:

I know this has been beaten/flogged/whipped hung drawn and squartred before but today it really got on my nerves…not got a problem with them as such as they have their uses but…

Was sitting in baldock services this lunch time on my 30 mins, was nice and sunny having a nice snooze in my cab, a truck pulled up just as i drifted off thought nothing of it, was nice and asleep when about couple minutes into my siesta…

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

next gear - more noise

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

next gear - even more noise :exclamation: :exclamation:

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

went up another gear after that just for good measure but you cant type any bigger than 200 on here, the whole cab was vibrating :exclamation: :exclamation:

it was like trying to have a snooze next to jumbo jet powering up for take off :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: I dare say i would of had more look doing just that :exclamation: :exclamation:

Is it beyone current technology to invent a reefer that makes miminal noise when it trying to cool a load down when parked up with out relying on the 3 phase plugs some MSA’s have

never did get back to sleep :exclamation: :frowning:

rant over

Hi mate there is some new ones out there that only run at 80db but the old one run at 130db, so and it all depends on if there been looked after on some of them the pulleys tend to wear out and squeak a bit.
i had one that did that and in the end i just dropped the trailer and moved forward a bit so i would not here it much, but if you really what to have a good sleep and not get disturbed by fridges you could aways by some ear muffs. :laughing: :laughing:

delboytwo:
Hi mate there is some new ones out there that only run at 80db but the old one run at 130db, so and it all depends on if there been looked after on some of them the pulleys tend to wear out and squeak a bit.
i had one that did that and in the end i just dropped the trailer and moved forward a bit so i would not here it much, but if you really what to have a good sleep and not get disturbed by fridges you could aways by some ear muffs. :laughing: :laughing:

it wasnt squeeking it was the 800bhp fuel injected turbo diesel engine on the trailer is self that made the so much noise :frowning: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :confused: