We are in dispute

I work for a large transport company in the West Midlands and I am the rep for well over 100 C+E drivers.
Our 2008 pay offer was 3% which given our low hourly rate in the first place was rejected unanimously by the members.
At this point I issued a fail to agree and called in the local full time official. A meeting between the union official and the company management was arranged last week for tomorrow Friday at 10am, I until a few hours ago thought I would be attending this meeting as the rep for the drivers.
I have now been instructed to carry out a delivery 50 miles away at exactly the same time the meeting starts. I am very very angry.

Smee:
I work for a large transport company in the West Midlands and I am the rep for well over 100 C+E drivers.
Our 2008 pay offer was 3% which given our low hourly rate in the first place was rejected unanimously by the members.
At this point I issued a fail to agree and called in the local full time official. A meeting between the union official and the company management was arranged last week for tomorrow Friday at 10am, I until a few hours ago thought I would be attending this meeting as the rep for the drivers.
I have now been instructed to carry out a delivery 50 miles away at exactly the same time the meeting starts. I am very very angry.

What do the guvs at your union Hq say about this as I THINK there is some sort of law precidence that has to be followed if you are their sole rep - worth checking ASAP

They deliberately left it so late I can not contact anyone at the union. I have emailed the union official and left voice mail, but what a friggin low down trick I am bloody fuming… :angry: :angry: :angry:

you have PM

The union official got no where, the company did not budge. We now go to the ballot stage… :angry:

You should have refused and brought the truck back.

The companies attitude towards employment law has done nothing to improve relations, no matter now the dispute goes to a postal ballot so that the union has a mandate for further action… :angry: :angry: :angry: