WBS OR HTS PHOTOS

Can anbody help , i am looking for any photo’s of trucks run by HTS or WBS for a model i am looking to build ?

My dad used to drive for these to campanies from the very late 60’s till about 1982 , HTS used to be in charlton , when he drove for WBS he was based at the depot in westferry road on the isle of dogs doing the ford warrenty contract in a ford d seies ( NJD 617L ) then usen to do a run to manchester on a friday nite , he then moved over to plough lane in surrey docks driving a leyland marathon 2 ( BUL 81T ) up to fords at daventry then back to junction 9 on the M1 do a trailer swap go back to fords at daventry then back to surrey docks , he then left WBS when he moved to northampton where he went to work for E.M.ROGERS .

My dads name was Dave Haigh , also known as Budgie ,

Hpoefully someone can help me as my mum through all my pics out when i moved out when i got married

Many thanks

ANDREW HAIGH

The old TV series ‘Brothers’ is now been released on DVD, plenty of shots of the Charlton yard on there, plus some shunting scenes with Seddon 32.4’s and D series Ford’s ect ect, great for a bit of nostagia!!! Got mine from HMV, havent seen series 2 yet though.

Hi Andy , remember WBS yard at surrey docks , went there with the old man when he was on Swifts , the trailers would be parked right near the edge of the docks so while sheeting up one false move & your in the water :exclamation: What happened to them :question: did they lose the ford contract to TNT & go bust :question: have seen picture of WBS marathon on scrapbook memories thread somewhere if its any help. Regards Tony

tonyhogi:
Hi Andy , remember WBS yard at surrey docks , went there with the old man when he was on Swifts , the trailers would be parked right near the edge of the docks so while sheeting up one false move & your in the water :exclamation: What happened to them :question: did they lose the ford contract to TNT & go bust :question: have seen picture of WBS marathon on scrapbook memories thread somewhere if its any help. Regards Tony