Way into Stamford?

Anyone know the best route to get into Stamford with a truck?? Seems to 7.5t limits everywhere!!■■ :-/

ive seen an except for access one im sure of it, if here fails id ring the local council… they usally have a plan for such things, its just a case of the rrrse asking the elbow where it is

Might have to do that. I’m at colsterworth services tonight and going in first thing. Only way I haven’t tried is across A151 and down the A6121.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=106413

heres your answer

bj86uk:
Might have to do that. I’m at colsterworth services tonight and going in first thing. Only way I haven’t tried is across A151 and down the A6121.

I don’t know where about in Stamford your going, but my sat nav (Snooper) is routing A1 colsterworth and exit on to A6121 into Stamford the business park is the other side of the town centre , but a look on google’s street view shows that there is a through route for HGV’s avoiding town centre, there does appear to be a couple of 7.5T restrictions before the town centre ,on A6121 but if that’s the only viable route in then tuff ■■■■■■■ for the truck hating nimbies i say

I’m sure the whole of Stamford is weight limited now, but assuming you need access to premises inside the limits.

Years ago before the limits the A43 used to go through Stamford from the SW (Corby)side, couple of tight turns that way but no real problems, and i’ve been through E --W via the A6121 which is a far easier route than the road number suggests and then out via the Bourne road (same road number i believe) the other side, and i’ve definately been through N–S on the old A1.

Don’t recall bridges ever being a problem but wouldn’t be surprised if the trees have become more of a worry for high vehicles.

iirc you exit the A1 off the tickencote exit near the sevices