Waving

Mentioned in signwriting thread about despite being in a plain grab truck, other grab drivers wave as they pass. Some I know as they work for local firms, most are in either the big utility company trucks or similar (clearly rental or ex rental like ours) vehicles.
It used to be common around here that tipper firms waved at other tipper firms. Now it seems they ignore those that work for rival firms. You never see Earthline wave at Smiths etc but both firms drivers wave at subbies/small firms etc.
Anyone else noticed similar?

Stobarts drivers always used to acknowledge each other as they passed,never see it happen now

I even remember when if you had your AA badge on the front of your old jalopy that they always saluted you if you met them on the road.It is like all old habits they are just dying out

Uncleskid:
Stobarts drivers always used to acknowledge each other as they passed,never see it happen now

given that there is such a huge eu driver base for that firm its hardly surprising they dont wave as its not English drivers any more. as the old school get out of the game so to do the old ways like taking a dump in the cab
personally if i was still driving i would give a 2 finger salute to anyone polish or eu i seen on the roads, mind you anyone who wore a green shirt and looked like a cabbage on legs in there silly uniform would also get the 2 fingers

desypete:

Uncleskid:

given that there is such a huge eu driver base for that firm its hardly surprising they dont wave as its not English drivers any more. as the old school get out of the game so to do the old ways like taking a dump in the cab
personally if i was still driving i would give a 2 finger salute to anyone polish or eu i seen on the roads, mind you anyone who wore a green shirt and looked like a cabbage on legs in there silly uniform would also get the 2 fingers

Dippypete get a grip of yourself its ■■■■■■■■■ like you that got the good drivers a bad name.Why dont you go back under your rock and fester in a pile of your own ■■■■■■

I wave at the three Frank Lyons FH16, be a bit churlish not to, we pass each other at the same point every day! Don’t know them, neve met them, but we all smile and wave like loonies!

I flash and wave at any of ours coming towards me unless they are driving in a hi vis. Any wave not reciprocated results in three fingers quickly being folded away leaving only one sticking up. Bit of a sod when they clock me at the last second admittedly! :blush:

There is a mutual tipper acknowledgement agreement between the firm i drive for and our subbies.With other firms it’s just hit and miss.

Colin_scottish:

desypete:

Uncleskid:

Dippypete get a grip of yourself its [zb] like you that got the good drivers a bad name.Why dont you go back under your rock and fester in a pile of your own [zb].

Was that really called for ?

In the restaurant at Stobarts Rugby truck stop , Stobart drivers ignore other Stobart drivers .
Looking back with rose tinted glasses now,in Europe we used to have a good craic in the Routiers or other regular stops .
Compton’s, British International, STS Southern transport service ,Ralph Davies,Freight Transfer,Euro PSL,Garnett Eurotrans .John Mann and numerous others.
The days when you fix your lorry,no 24 call out, no sat nav, no mobile phones.
Taking spare tyres for the unit/trailer to change in 48 degree heat or ice/snow in winter.
Step frame tilt trailers, stripping them down to a flat bed or a crane used to unload through the roof.

DUFFMAN:

Colin_scottish:

desypete:

Uncleskid:

Dippypete get a grip of yourself its [zb] like you that got the good drivers a bad name.Why dont you go back under your rock and fester in a pile of your own [zb].

Yes.

When I drove milk tankers all milk tanker drivers used to wave at each other, regardless of company. At night we would flash the indicators left-right, after you did not recognise the other tanker until you passed one and other.

All camper vans wave to each other also us lorry drivers in Fodens and Erfs wave to each other too !

DUFFMAN:

Colin_scottish:

desypete:

Uncleskid:

Yes

DUFFMAN:

Colin_scottish:

desypete:

Uncleskid:

Colin_scottish:

desypete:

Uncleskid:

your not a green shirt wearer are you by any chance ?

I flash at any of our 106 motors that go the other way.

Guys in civvies (agency I guess) tend not to flash back. I always put this down to the fact they drive for so many companies they forget what they’re in, but not so sure anymore.

I’ve just got a new motor at work, and there’s a rumour doing the rounds that some of the drivers that have been there for years won’t flash anyone who they think is driving a motor that is rightfully theirs.

As for Stobarts, hardly ever see them flashing each other any more. However, after the knob jockey I encountered in Tesco Reading about a month back, I doubt I’d want much to do with some of their driver. Walked in, in his beautiful uniform, handed in paperwork and keys, spun around as though he was lord of the manor, steamed up to the only colleague of his in the waiting room (spark out) prodded him until he woke up, and gave him the greeting …

“You won’t last five minutes on our place if that’s the state of your boots”

Then proceeded to bore him senseless for an hour or so with some more Stobart guff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaulNowak:
I flash at any of our 106 motors that go the other way.

Guys in civvies (agency I guess) tend not to flash back. I always put this down to the fact they drive for so many companies they forget what they’re in, but not so sure anymore.

I’ve just got a new motor at work, and there’s a rumour doing the rounds that some of the drivers that have been there for years won’t flash anyone who they think is driving a motor that is rightfully theirs.

As for Stobarts, hardly ever see them flashing each other any more. However, after the knob jockey I encountered in Tesco Reading about a month back, I doubt I’d want much to do with some of their driver. Walked in, in his beautiful uniform, handed in paperwork and keys, spun around as though he was lord of the manor, steamed up to the only colleague of his in the waiting room (spark out) prodded him until he woke up, and gave him the greeting …

“You won’t last five minutes on our place if that’s the state of your boots”

Then proceeded to bore him senseless for an hour or so with some more Stobart guff

As for your blokes , tough luck as it proves the sun don’t shine out their Harris
The stobart driver was a complete bell end

I drove around in an 11 plate that I was given the day I started. Served me well, but they have to go back.

So should I just go find a bloke in a 62 plate and go grovel with him to let me have his, so that he can get a brand new one?

PaulNowak:
I drove around in an 11 plate that I was given the day I started. Served me well, but they have to go back.

So should I just go find a bloke in a 62 plate and go grovel with him to let me have his, so that he can get a brand new one?

Nope as he will get a new one next year when he’s trucks time is up and you’ll have the older truck again