Waving at work colleagues

You see your firms truck go passed in the other direction, and have a mental fit of flashing lights, waving and dancing on the seat, I don’t get this, and why ?
All that waving, but you talk behind his back
and dont know him that well.
Some will say it’s camaraderie, but you can see the other lorry coming from half a mile away, its just that, another lorry.

Nowt wrong with that, on the face of it; apart from the dancing.

Next time I see you, I’ll blow you a kiss :grimacing:

ezydriver:
Next time I see you, I’ll blow you a kiss :grimacing:

Lol

This is gonna come as a shock Tobes, but sometimes I question your sanity! Seriously though you have on many occasions in the past complained about lack of cameraderie amongst drivers and then your next post will state something like you don’t flash people in or acknowledge them when they flash you in. Now you think it’s strange that folk who perhaps know each other give a wave or flash of the lights as they pass!

What’s it gonna be then Tobes, cameraderie or ignorance?

Sounds to me as someones got a touch of BNMS… Billy No Mate Syndrome …lmao

It’s good form that I wave back at our lorries, as it’ll be either my boss or his Dad.
A lot of tipper drivers around here used to wave at each other (even on rival firms) but that’s dying out now. I reckon it’s the influx of “new” tipper drivers as in ex big fleet drivers fed up with nights out and physical work.

You sound like a great barrel of laughs to have as a work mate! :laughing:
Whats wrong with giving a fellow employee a wave? Your both in the same boat when its “Oh times are tough,no pay rise. Sorry” time.
On the other side of the coin,it does my head in when you wave to someone and they look at you and ignore you.

i have done worse that flash lights at work mates in the past, i have actually spoke with them in the yard.

i wonder why people post message on forums at times, we shouldn’t do it as we dont know each other. whatever next ?

Rarely happens but if I do spot a fellow employee of the rock n roll sector I’ll give them a wave, even if it’s a different company, we’re all in the same game. Same for when I’m parked up and I see amother gig truck, always say hello.

I try and at least say hello to other drivers if I’m parked in a motorway services. Being friendly with your short term neighbour might be of benefit if they know what you look like.

As someone said above, we should all be friendly with each other anyway, a bit of comradery can’t hurt.

I do give random drivers a wave sometimes, the look of confusion can be quite amusing during a long drive.

If people were mooning at each other I could understand your gripe but, surely, if people want to wave at their work-mates, where’s the problem??

:unamused: :unamused:

Win-Stone:
If people were mooning at each other I could understand your gripe but, surely, if people want to wave at their work-mates, where’s the problem??

:unamused: :unamused:

Mooning at the wheel, now there’s a challenge :laughing:

We have 11 trucks but I only wave to 9 of them.

One is mine so that would be silly and one is a prick who I just ignore completely

I always wave at fellow mixer drivers same company or not. its when I accidently do it in my car I worry

I used to find it amusing, when first time on a new contract, and all of a sudden you’ve gained a whole new circle of friends. Others waving and flashing lights, I’d just respond in the same way.Then when you get back in the yard because your agency…they’d all ignore you :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Always give a flash and a hand up to other drivers on our fleet.
Noticed that Stobbies never acknowledge each other?
On a similar note, all Land Rover fans, (Series, not Range Rover or Disco), give each other a wave. If you pass a Series Land Rover and he doesn’t wave, he’s just a farmer!

bestbooties:
Always give a flash and a hand up to other drivers on our fleet.
Noticed that Stobbies never acknowledge each other?
On a similar note, all Land Rover fans, (Series, not Range Rover or Disco), give each other a wave. If you pass a Series Land Rover and he doesn’t wave, he’s just a farmer!

While driving around you never see a Stobys flash or wave at each other, you can even go in their truck stops and you will get see like in any café, its like no one know any one, I would of thought being dressed the same and working for the same out-fit they may chat.
Cheers Welly

i have worked for a lot of different companies and they all seem to acknowledge each other on the road so i do it too whether its the same company i am driving for or someone i know driving for someone else. you say hi to someone you know when you are on foot so i dont see the difference in doing it in a truck. its the same thing

the maoster:
This is gonna come as a shock Tobes, but sometimes I question your sanity! Seriously though you have on many occasions in the past complained about lack of cameraderie amongst drivers and then your next post will state something like you don’t flash people in or acknowledge them when they flash you in. Now you think it’s strange that folk who perhaps know each other give a wave or flash of the lights as they pass!

What’s it gonna be then Tobes, cameraderie or ignorance?

Answer that toby,if you can :blush:

Some good lads at our gaff but a lot of um wouldnt acknowledge you if they saw you in the desert,some propper knobs :unamused: