Watford Gap Services Parking

As above. Come in here for a 30 min break, not exactly truck friendly parking! Anymore places worse than this?

Thurrock was alot worse.But went in there yesterday and see they have sorted it at last…

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I was at Abingdon (M74) last week. There is only room for about 20 trucks, two rows of ten parking bays, one in front of the other. So if you are in one of the front bays you can drive out, but if you are behind someone you have to reverse out and go around the parked wagons to exit. When I got there, both access lanes (either above or below the ten marked bays) were being used as parking bays with the result that one guy trying to back out of one of the back bays had nowhere to go, and the access lane to the lorry park had wagons waiting to get in too, because once you had entered you couldn’t go anywhere. very bad design, but also very selfish parking on the access lanes too!

Cobham on the M25 for a new services poor layout of the spaces far to close together

theantbox:
As above. Come in here for a 30 min break, not exactly truck friendly parking! Anymore places worse than this?

I guess you ain’t been into Strensham services on the M5 s/b? Used to be fine, large parking area for trucks no bays as such just parked using common sense and it went fine… Until they decided to use up half the truck parking area to build a new coach parking area for about 10 coaches and then proceeded to mark out the lorry park with staggered bays at 45 deg angles which make it nigh on impossible to get out if the truck parked either side of you ain’t parked correctly :unamused:
Same as both Michelwood services on the M5 n/b and s/b used to be a perfect area with about 6-7 rows of trucks parked facing the services, then some bright spark decided to have bays facing each other at 45 deg angles so it’s tight as fool to back into and a ■■■■ to get out. Say if a car transporter is parked directly across from you, you ain’t getting out in a hurry put it that way.
What’s the betting that whoever redesigned these places are probably banking the good side of 50 grand a year also :unamused:

theantbox:

I prefer Watford Gap to Newport Pagnell s/b. I just don’t even bother there any more.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

theantbox:

I guess you ain’t been into Strensham services on the M5 s/b? Used to be fine, large parking area for trucks no bays as such just parked using common sense and it went fine… Until they decided to use up half the truck parking area to build a new coach parking area for about 10 coaches and then proceeded to mark out the lorry park with staggered bays at 45 deg angles which make it nigh on impossible to get out if the truck parked either side of you ain’t parked correctly :unamused:
Same as both Michelwood services on the M5 n/b and s/b used to be a perfect area with about 6-7 rows of trucks parked facing the services, then some bright spark decided to have bays facing each other at 45 deg angles so it’s tight as fool to back into and a [zb] to get out. Say if a car transporter is parked directly across from you, you ain’t getting out in a hurry put it that way.
What’s the betting that whoever redesigned these places are probably banking the good side of 50 grand a year also :unamused:

Strensham yes, in a rigid. But is a pain. Michelwood is I practiced reversing an artic. But have to agree, both ■■■■■ layouts. And do/ did both in the dark!!!

dani1972:

theantbox:

I prefer Watford Gap to Newport Pagnell s/b. I just don’t even bother there any more.

Never been to Newport Pagnell. So can’t really comment.

It doesn’t help that the white lines are faded and everybody parks to suit them selfs :unamused: :unamused:
Northbound is worse :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I say until they sort parking for over grown van and truck drivers don’t use them. No wonder nobody respects this sort of place and pees on the tarmac. And with the stringent rules on hours, you’d think service areas would have adequate parking. It’ll never happen though.

I tend to use Rothersthorpe (now Northampton) services southbound during the day, they’re all right angle reverse in bays so deters many of the ‘‘can only drive in drive out crew’’ from going in there.

Parking is only going to get worse as the island continually fills with people making land/property ever more costly…which is of course the basis of our ponzi scheme economy.

Try Maidstone services, complete nightmare !!! Room for about 15 trucks and when they’re full, that’s when the chaos really starts !!

Completely forgot Maidstone. That is just awful, and the Police wonder why people park the other side of the roundabout.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Northampton southbound is poor, can’t be no more than 20 bays, I find keele SB a pain at
Times as well, plenty of parking bays but they seem ridiculously close together! You hand just about open your door to get out at times.

I’m pretty sure it’s keele services south bound, not necessarily anything wrong here like other places mentioned, but how close together have they put those parking bays! Mirrors almost touching each other and you just see drivers trying to squeeze out with the door only about a third open.

Southwaite services Northbound, currently yodel driver parked diagonally across the coach bays, a flatbed parked across the hatched no stopping area, 2 rigids parked each end of the long load Bay but just close enough from each other that the gap in between them is useless to anything but another rigid, trucks all over the garage forecourt.

It’d be funny if it wasn’t so sad. Sure there’s more ■■■■■■■ the far side.

And then a Wincanton lorry pulls up in the other coach spaces, 12 feet away from the curb so leaves rear end out in the “roadway”, and a plain white artic pulls nose up to the flatbed parked on the hatched lines at a 45 degree angle, beside yodel guy, completely closing off all route through that part of the park.

Idjits…

Seems to be getting worse in the 4 years I’ve had my ‘professional’ licence!!