Waterworths Fruit & veg

I remember Waterworths, I was on the Old Market, Great Homer Street, Cazneau Street, then moved to Prescot Road, Edge Lane New Market .
I seem to remember 2 Waterworths, F & T Waterworth and Waterworth Bros ? Or maybe I am mistaken.
Also William Ross at Hawthorne Road, Bootle, used to deliver veg there.
The Co-op was at Ellenborough Street, had to deliver at 5 am.

Mike-C:

380streamline:
Does anyone have any info on what happened to the 70 plus fleet of trucks
run by Waterworths servicing their fruit & veg shops in the North of England?
The company was bought by Fine fare, and the immaculate fleet of Bedfords,
Thames traders etc parked up and sold off. In accordance with the world of
today, the company was asset stripped, and then integrated into the fine fare
operation. Any pics, info gratefully appreciated :slight_smile:

F&T Waterworth was in Cazanue St, and ran maroon wagons on the fruit job.
James Waterworths (done mainly the Wirral and Later moved to the wirral) rand green and black wagons.
Waterworth Bros of Durning Road (same family) ran blue wagons. They had a logo on side of door…eat more fruit !!! The forerunner of our five a day campaign !!!
If you ever get up to Greycourts in Kirkby, the stacker driver Ronnie used to work for Davidsons building the headboards and platforms for the Waterworths wagons. Davidsons where at Church Rd/Edge Lane.

Now there is a blast from the past, I worked at Davidsons when I left school in 1958 mainly on the Fibreglass construction, I lived in Church Road and just had to walk up the road to get to work the only Ronnie I can Remember was Ronnie Whelan I wonder if he is the same Ronnie.

Frank

380streamline:

F&T Waterworth was in Cazanue St, and ran maroon wagons on the fruit job.
James Waterworths (done mainly the Wirral and Later moved to the wirral) rand green and black wagons.
Waterworth Bros of Durning Road (same family) ran blue wagons. They had a logo on side of door…eat more fruit !!! The forerunner of our five a day campaign !!!
If you ever get up to Greycourts in Kirkby, the stacker driver Ronnie used to work for Davidsons building the headboards and platforms for the Waterworths wagons. Davidsons where at Church Rd/Edge Lane.

Hi, my name is Peter, I worked for Waterworths in the 60’s at the Manchester branch,yes it was the best job I ever had, I loved every working minuet, I went on many trips to the Liverpool branch on Derning road, I have a much cherished rare picture of a TK Bedford on Derning rd. I have made three models Themes Trader, S Type Bedford and a TK Bedford in blue and gold the livery of Waterworths . I would love any pictures that anyone might have, please contact me on peter19482007@googlemail.com.
Thanks Peter.

Do these jog any memories for anybody?

Hi Peter,
Great pics of Durning Rd and your models.
I used to live in Earle Rd just off Tunnel Rd from 1953 to 1963, we shopped at both of these Waterworth’s shops.
Did Waterworth’s ever run Bedford O,s, as I want to make a 1-24th scale model of it.
Cheers
Dave