Water in oil

A driver at work accidentally put screenwash in the oil filler. Another driver fired it up an moved it any idea of yhe damage gonna be coursed…?

alterego:
A driver at work accidentally put screenwash in the oil filler.

Cabbage.

Should be ok if if it hasn’t moved too far and the contaminated oil is drained off and replaced. Can’t imagine how the driver could have mistook the oil filler for the windscreen washer bottle.

If the truck belonged to me I’d hazard a guess at the damage being black eyes, nose bleed and swollen lips at the very least. The chimp summed it up perfectly; “cabbage”.

Who were they, Laurel and Hardy?

What a bright spark :unamused:

It depends on how much water he chucked in and how long the engine was running, we have had this with 4x4’s getting carried away off road if iit’s just a little water and run for a very short time change the oil and flush it at least twice even three times and change the filter at each flush once before you turn engine over for the first time.
You could be okay :neutral_face:

driver…or you■■?..if it made no noticeable difference to the short running,then drain flush and fill.start it up with crossed fingers whilst simultaniously looking for agency work…and lie through your teeth about the reason for looking… :slight_smile:

I used to have a posh totty neighbour back in the late 70’s with the worlds longest legs, who seemed to like me looking at 'em as she pranced about in unbelievably short skirts so a bit of a bonus there.

Despite being utterly bloody stunning, she was as daft as a brush and filled her engine up with water, assuming , as you do, that the filler cap on top of a green Cooper S rocker cover would be for water.
I had the pleasure of sorting that out, whilst she provided a pleasant distraction…yes i know this post needs pics, well sorry no joy, but rest assured my memory is still working well… :smiling_imp:

That the type of driver i expect to do this, not some numpty pretending to be a lorry driver.

sounds like a scania where the fillers are both on the n/s, seen it done though in this case the driver had enough brains not to start the engine, the oil was drained out where the truck stood, no damage done
why did another driver start the engine?

Why not go the whole hog and put Adblue in the diesel tank, and grease on the windscreen wipers■■?

If it was going to do any serious damage then it will have already been done. It depends on how much screenwash was put in, it wont evaporate but turn the oil into a gooey mess over time so an oil change will be a sure fire thing as soon as possible.

alterego:
A driver at work accidentally put screenwash in the oil filler. Another driver fired it up an moved it any idea of yhe damage gonna be coursed…?

WTF,You couldnt make this stuff up :open_mouth:

Whats next, pinching one off in the derve tank?

“sorry boss, thought it was a portaloo. It is one of those techincal new Scanias…”

seth 70:

alterego:

WTF,You couldnt make this stuff up :open_mouth:

Bit of a odd thing for anyone to to…

Well I dropped a running 4 stroke outboard engine in the sea once and having managed to fish it out, flushed everything out with fresh water, new oil and plugs and ran it in a bucket straight away. Lasted for years afterwards.

I blame the manufacturer, why can’t they clearly label the fillers, or even use colour coded filler caps…

Oh, hang on…

Remember a taxi driver being told to put oil in his Sierra engine. After about 10 mins of back and forth to the oil pump the mechanic asked him how much it was taking. Lots said the driver I just got it up to top of engine now. Right up to filler cap.

LASHHGV:
Remember a taxi driver being told to put oil in his Sierra engine. After about 10 mins of back and forth to the oil pump the mechanic asked him how much it was taking. Lots said the driver I just got it up to top of engine now. Right up to filler cap.

I was outside working in my Landrover a while back and these two guys are pushing a car down the road. The stop next to me and ask if I have any jump leads, which I do, so connect them up and try to start… No luck, the engine turns and stops, it gets worse with each try. Realising it’s not the battery, I ask what happened before they started pushing.
He explains he topped the oil up and then started the car, but it cut out after while.

I look at the dipstick(not the bloke) and the oil level is to the very top! Top of the dipstick, not the max mark!

I ask how much oil he put in and he said " I just poured it all in".
So 5 litres of oil, plus approx 5 litres of oil, plus starting the car, equals…

Numpty.

I often see folk topping the oil level up at the services, only last night at lymm a lad was pouring away with a can of gtx, heard him ask his mate to start her up to see if its still rattling!
I know it’s not the same but I often wonder what’s going on when you see a vehicle with a puncture on the motorway hard shoulder, the driver usually has the spare wheel out but stands there on a mobile phone waiting for someone else to come and change it!

dieseldog999:
driver…or you■■?..

Lol,that’s what I wondered. :laughing:
Another driver did it but im going to post on a forum and ask about damage I will not have to pay for? Sounds a bit fishy to me! Lol