Water carrier

For those that spend several nights a week away what water carrier do you recommend? I have seen collapsable ones,rigid ones,some with taps and also 5,10,15 and 20 litre ones. I was kinda thinking 10 litre as not to take up to much space and the fact it should not be too hard to get a refill. Not sure about the collapsables as i dont know if they wear out or break where the handles are? Any thoughts?

Al

I always buy water in them 5 litre containers from Tescos or where ever, but mostly re used them 2 pint plastic milk cartons, found them ideal to shove in the door pockets and easy to fill at anywhere with a tap.

i used to have a collapsable one and they are [zb], at the mo ive got a 25 litre plastic jerry can type with a tap on which are pretty much bang on , held to the front of the passenger seat with a bungee it doesnt take up to much room at all.

2 or 3ltr fizzy drink bottles.
Fill them up whenever you can

Mike-C:
I always buy water in them 5 litre containers from Tescos or where ever, but mostly re used them 2 pint plastic milk cartons, found them ideal to shove in the door pockets and easy to fill at anywhere with a tap.

Good idea and something well worth considering…just out of interest how much water do you use during a week away?..wouldn’t have thought it would have been too much but never really give it much thought.

i use a 10 litre plastic one, fits snugly behind the passenger seat

this one

truckstuff.co.uk/products/10 … -container

shuttlespanker:

this one

That one looks like what i had in mind!

Yeah i take a similar jerry can with me, i used to have a 20ltr one, but it got left in the fatherland, co driver for got to put it back in the truck after unloading, now it have a 10ltr one, and if i’m doing euro work in summer, i will buy some bottled water to drink once in Calais, i use the water in the jerry can for washing up and brew making, & on the rare occasion that i’m not able to have a wash that too

I use the 25 litre 5 gallon oil drums
Plenty of them they do them in anti frize kerocine and all sorts
Just clean them out first with hot soapy water before use
One of those lasts me about 2 days and I cook and clean and drink from it

Dogtanian:
I use the 25 litre 5 gallon oil drums
Plenty of them they do them in anti frize kerocine and all sorts
Just clean them out first with hot soapy water before use
One of those lasts me about 2 days and I cook and clean and drink from it

Got two of those in my garage…will give em a good wash tomorrow :unamused: :unamused:

just a point here water jerry cans made out of plastic are manufactured
from plastic that has not had for example methanol added as a stabiliser
bear that in mind when you pick your choice of watering can, the plastic
i carried around had two thirds of the load METHANOL as a stabiliser,
Plastic used for food products is manufactured in such a way that its safe to use,
:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

shuttlespanker:

this one

Aint you a day driver :laughing: :laughing:

brit pete:
just a point here water jerry cans made out of plastic are manufactured
from plastic that has not had for example methanol added as a stabiliser
bear that in mind when you pick your choice of watering can, the plastic
i carried around had two thirds of the load METHANOL as a stabiliser,
Plastic used for food products is manufactured in such a way that its safe to use,
:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Cheers for that…i actually have 4 in my garage two which contained oil and two for petrol but wont be using them hence the rolleyes emotion!..think dogtanian was being sarcastic to be honest.

Camping and Caravan supplies, water bottles, cookers etc.

GoOutdoors

You can buy litres of the stuff for next to nothing from Lidl…Loads and loads for almost free. :wink:

whatever you use make sure you clean it out at least once a month with stererlising solution like milton.
it gets rid of the bugs. and germs. water stored in warm conditions are soon prone to bacteria. :imp:

I have a 10 litre water carrier which i use for washing up etc. For drinking I get the 5 litre bottles from asda etc.

shuttlespanker:

this one

That’s the one I have,oh and captain spanky you ain’t in the truck long enough to use 1lt let alone 10 you lying ■■■■■■■■■■ :laughing:

4 x 2 litre water from asda 17p each

Or load out of highland spring like I just have and you can as much as you want for nothing! :sunglasses: :grimacing: