Watchet mill going

Watchet paper mill is closing Christmas Eve for good .

Many a time spent down there.130 jobs to go at the mill so that’s a few more to add on to that with the knock on effect .

Quite a long-established business wasn’t it?

This is a great shame . particularly as this bit of somerset is a jobs blackhole .
I expect will make nice houses for retired londoners , and developers will make a fortune .

Used to occasionally go in there yrs ago.Very sad as been sad not many jobs round there.Last time I was in watchet must have been 25yrs ago I was loading baled pulp off the boat in the dock.We parked in streets haulage yard,went down one at a time when called loaded,back up to streets yard to sheet up and get notes.Those who will remember the boat could only come in on high tide as there was only a narrow draught under the boats.They had to be tipped and out on the next high tide.I presume the docks gone as well?.I might add it was only a small quay and had no storage sheds
regards dave.

Last time the quay was used commercially was in 2000

such a shame its going my uncle was a driver for st-regis/Ds smith based in avonmouth and used to be going there a couple times a week heard so many stories before he passed away suddenly they couldnt pick a worse time to close it down over xmas i hope all the staff find jobs quickly