Watch out for manpower employment agency

constantly advertising jobs with the job centre that dont exist. Especially the milton keynes office. :imp:

Like most other/ all agencies mate, scum of the ■■■■■■■ earth the lot of em

I think you’ll find that is standard agency practice and they all do it all over the country. The jobs are just there to try and get you to come in and register.

Paul

That is the first time I’ve seen a post that ‘knocks’ Manpower.
That is usually one agency that encourages newbies albeit the wages are usually a little lower than most

I took the afternoon off work about a month ago and went to register with ‘Fish’ in Rugby, they had been advertising ‘Urgently wanted, Class 1 and 2 drivers, day, nights and wk end work’. When I got there and questioned the two women that run it they said they were ‘expecting’ accounts any time soon…

A complete pair of jokers

I believe the majority of them play that game. No doubt, these god knows how many fictitious jobs these parasitic scum (should be banned the lot of them) advertise have been taken into account for statistics, like shortage of drivers 80000 jobs available etc. Look at the jobcentre plus, 99% agency work (not jobs) on there, and they get away with that too. :imp: :unamused:

ive barely been out of work with manpower tbh. theyve finally even managed to get me onto class 1 work. i went to them though when they wernt advertising for drivers yet managed to get aload of work. and im paid better than most other agencies up here,

i get ÂŁ8 an hour to driver a vanw ith them, yet driver hire (who i left ages ago) would barely pay me ÂŁ7.50 to drive an artic plus the work manpower have is usually better than the crap DH give

DAFMAD:
I believe the majority of them play that game. No doubt, these god knows how many fictitious jobs these parasitic scum (should be banned the lot of them) advertise have been taken into account for statistics, like shortage of drivers 80000 jobs available etc. Look at the jobcentre plus, 99% agency work (not jobs) on there, and they get away with that too. :imp: :unamused:

That is so true, the jobcentre rules dictate that you must be actively looking for work, yet in my area there are at least 3 agencies that seem to be advertising almost daily for drivers for the same job.

Unfortunately I cannot drive at the moment until I get my health issue sorted but I still keep an eye on the job market.

Same this way Malc, we have several agencies advertising for the same job too. I know who the company is, that no one seems to want to work for. :smiling_imp: :laughing: That’s just one I know of, there’s more. The crazy thing is agencies still seem to be multiplying like files, next thing you know they’re adding to the problem. Someone ban them FFS. :imp: :grimacing:

i am qualified to do their latest jobs but when i ring they say “oh yes someone will ring you back” they never do, i live in bedford just had to take work at crick for stobart, must wear shirt and tie for 9.50 an hour, beggars cant be choosers :laughing:

Not defending the agencies especially, but isn’t it chicken and egg? What I mean is that they have to advertise for drivers so that they can then fill jobs that come from companies. Without the driver supply, the agency would be stuffed when they’re offered a job.

I think it’s wrong to make out you’re advertising for a specific post; I believe a lot of drivers would be happy enough to register on the understanding that they will be offered work as and when it becomes available. That is, after all, the reality of how an agency works.

Agencies are vital to the transport industry; shame they don’t seem to be able to be seen to play fair :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
Not defending the agencies especially, but isn’t it chicken and egg? What I mean is that they have to advertise for drivers so that they can then fill jobs that come from companies. Without the driver supply, the agency would be stuffed when they’re offered a job.

I think it’s wrong to make out you’re advertising for a specific post; I believe a lot of drivers would be happy enough to register on the understanding that they will be offered work as and when it becomes available. That is, after all, the reality of how an agency works.

Agencies are vital to the transport industry; shame they don’t seem to be able to be seen to play fair :laughing: :laughing:

no, we need to look closer, if companys paid their drivers what they paid agencys we wouldnt need agencys, greed allover, we cut our own throats, cut eachothers rates, pay crap money to drivers, the only ones who benefit are the customers and agencies, my brother gets twice as much as me driving plant, home at 6 every night and he uses his plant ticket for work, we use our driving licences and risk that and our life everyday.
why do so many agencies have jobs, why cant individual companies look after their own?

Problem is for companies, employing people comes with a raft of legislation and regulation that can tie them up in knots. If you’re a small operator (or larger one for that matter)and can’t afford to keep someone on, it’s very difficult to lay people off and can cost a fortune - especially if they end up having to defend an unfair dismissal claim. On top of that you have the additional costs e.g national insurance to pay for an employee. So, the very legislation that was intended to protect employees and their rights works against them and hence the proliferation of agencies. If you’re an operator trying to keep your head above water in uncertain times, and you can pick and choose drivers as and when as opposed to taking them on direct, what are you going to do :question: It’s only when things pick up and there is a genuine shortage of drivers that operators are going to want to hang on to people as direct employees.

The idea goes back to the 50’s & 60’s with the dock register. In Hull as a kid I remember there were 1200 braying men stood outside the dock office hoping to get a casual days work, those who shouted loudest were taken on, the rest went home without pay,

I think the agencies are just an extension of that. and the work of the devil :wink:

no, we need to look closer, if companys paid their drivers what they paid agencys we wouldnt need agencys, greed allover, we cut our own throats, cut eachothers rates, pay crap money to drivers, the only ones who benefit are the customers and agencies,

Good point :laughing: :laughing:

employing people comes with a raft of legislation and regulation

Another good point :laughing: :laughing:

Wheel Nut:
and the work of the devil

Spot on that man.

Peter Smythe:

I agree with that, the problem isn’t so much that agencies advertise jobs they don’t yet have, the problem is that they advertise in such a manner that is deceitful, they claim to already have jobs available when clearly what they want is drivers on the books in the hope that they will eventually be able to provide the work.