Washington Services Northbound

Stopped there today for the first time -what a dump!

The place looks like it is falling to bits and the toilets were stinking!

Is this the worst MSA?

I dont really use MSAs but I pity the poor sods who do if they are all like this! :cry:

Yep,it"s an absolute dump alright!!
bring back birtley truckstop,all is forgiven.
the north east is now seriously missing a proper “truckstop”.
im pretty astounded that we havent got one at the minute,hear in the north east.

Probably because 99% parking their are Eastern Bloc trucks

I was born about 1 mile from it,and from my memories as a kid,it’s always been the same,however the southbound side is marginally better.

I’m fortunate now,that when I’m up there,I stop at my Mothers.

Ken.

I have stopped there once when i needed a 45, it was like going back into the dark ages! Probably the worst i have stopped at!
When i needed to stop up that way over night a few months back i stopped at Durham services and i am glad i did!
It was still a bit dated but much better. The lorry park was small but quiet and there was a really nice scottish lady working in the restaurant.

Quinny:
I was born about 1 mile from it,and from my memories as a kid,it’s always been the same,however the southbound side is marginally better.

I’m fortunate now,that when I’m up there,I stop at my Mothers.

Ken.

Does your mother do a good all-day breakfast and is there lots of parking space :question: :question: :wink: :laughing:

joemaxi:

Is this the worst MSA?

I dont really use MSAs but I pity the poor sods who do if they are all like this! :cry:

There’s just no pleasing some people, deal with it. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

“THE PET” says i treat “her” house like a truckstop,i call in when passing for a tea or a bite to eat,so fortunatley,i dont have to endure washington sewer works,she has no problem knocking up bacon sarnies,but alas,you can barely drive a car down our street,never mind a truck. :laughing: :laughing:

as for the post above,i think if your charging extortionate charges for “safe” parking and “quality” food,the least they could do is exactly that.
:confused: :confused:

DieselDemon:

joemaxi:

Is this the worst MSA?

There’s just no pleasing some people, deal with it. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Get funny looks from the Washington ASDA drivers when they see me parked up about a mile from the warehouse!

Have to admit though,got a nice kip in the parking area…zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :smiley:

joemaxi:

DieselDemon:

joemaxi:

Is this the worst MSA?

Get funny looks from the Washington ASDA drivers when they see me parked up about a mile from the warehouse!

Have to admit though,got a nice kip in the parking area…zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :smiley:

Thats just because the local birtley hoodies had been up and gassed your cab!!lol. :laughing: :laughing:

buck73:

joemaxi:

DieselDemon:

joemaxi:

Is this the worst MSA?

Thats just because the local birtley hoodies had been up and gassed your cab!!lol. :laughing: :laughing:

Dunno about that but I know we run into Birtley to pick up cleaned trays from the traywash in the industrial estate.

Haven`t had that pleasure yet-my kevlar body armour is still in the post :laughing: :laughing:

That backfired on me, Stevie I was hoping you’d be spitting feathers when you saw my comment. I forgot we’ve got a similar sense of humour. Regards, DD
:laughing: :laughing:

DieselDemon:
That backfired on me, Stevie I was hoping you’d be spitting feathers when you saw my comment. I forgot we’ve got a similar sense of humour. Regards, DD

I don`t know if sense of humour is the correst phrase-

I think its more Asda labotomised! They seem to have a way of sucking the life and sense of humour from employees(sorry, colleagues :confused: )

On the bright side-it`s bonus time next month! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

joemaxi:

DieselDemon:

I don`t know if sense of humour is the correst phrase-

I think its more Asda labotomised! They seem to have a way of sucking the life and sense of humour from employees(sorry, colleagues :confused: )

On the bright side-it`s bonus time next month! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks for reminding me. I’ve already booked my holiday to Mustique on the strength of it. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I can do bacon sarnies & a cuppa tea for an exorbitant price if ya all stuck around Washington! :laughing: :sunglasses: :laughing: :sunglasses:

Theres even a pub to do food at night over the road. You might get half a dozen artics in the car park of the Woodlands! :open_mouth: :smiley: :open_mouth: :smiley:

zebadee:
I can do bacon sarnies & a cuppa tea for an exorbitant price if ya all stuck around Washington! :laughing: :sunglasses: :laughing: :sunglasses:

Theres even a pub to do food at night over the road. You might get half a dozen artics in the car park of the Woodlands! :open_mouth: :smiley: :open_mouth: :smiley:

I was weekended there once about 25 years ago. I went through the fence to the pub, had a great time. the locals were a real friendly bunch. Evan had my photo taken with some of the lads. If i can find it I’ll post it here.
The good old days,“when men were men and sheep were nervous” :laughing: :laughing:

buck73:
Yep,it"s an absolute dump alright!!
bring back birtley truckstop,all is forgiven.
the north east is now seriously missing a proper “truckstop”.
im pretty astounded that we havent got one at the minute,hear in the north east.

The Tyne & Wear Partnership are currently working on introducing a New Truckstop in the North East, It’s a joint venture by all the North East Councils i.e. Sunderland, Gateshead & Newcastle.

Faber Maunsell are appointed as Transport advisors and hold a quarterly meeting with councils & transport companies / bosses etc etc etc, they also have a terminal in Durham Services where truck drivers can use the terminal free of charge for locating factories & industrial etstates etc in the Tyne & Wear area along with routes avoiding low bridges and weight limits.

The last Newsletter I got off them said they had found a location for a new truckstop, although the exact location was not given it is believed to be at the end of the A19 at Testo’s Roundabout which makes it handy for Nissan and traffic travelling through the Tyne Tunnel, however, its a little bit out the way for A1 traffic in my opinion.

The Partnership do accept that parking is a problem in the North East and therefore they are trying to address the problem.

Davey, as far as I’m aware it’s part of the second Tyne Tunnel project and will be around Testoes roundabout ( A19/A184 junction)

joemaxi:

Thanks to your complaint and the high level of support you have received from the trucking fraternity, the management at Washington Services have employed contractors who will visit your cab and allow you to defecate into the new " Happycrapper " which will guarantee you and your colleagues the standard of comfort men of your calibre would appreciate.

By dieseldemon_001 at 2009-01-14
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Looking at that pic; the discharge pipe from the loo looks like it is plumbed into her ■■■■!!

Looking at it again; I would also say she is FULL!! :open_mouth:

LOL

Coat, hat…TAXI!!!