Was this F10 anyone`s on here?

Any chance of re-posting these pics, I might be able to identify them for you.

Regards, Pete

I couldn’t place it at first but a mate of mine suggested it could have belonged to an owner/driver called Greg Johnson. He seems to think that the reg. on Gregs matched the one on the photo and I’m 95% certain he is correct.Tied on the catwalk is a light-board,these boards were used at one time by everyone who pulled Norfolk Line trailers as they didn’t have rear lights etc. just an electric socket in the rear end and you would plug in the short susie on your light board. If there was a fault in the socket you would connect a long lead, plugging one end in to your unit’s susie and the other end into your light-board and would have to tack the lead wherever you could down the side of the trailer. Also there were no side marker lights, apparently rear-lights/stop-lights and indicaters only were required on Dutch trailers in those days. Regards Haddy, Gt.Yarmouth.

Hi again,Chepstow Plant Hire…about 1979/80. :smiley:

Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Bubbleman you are truly amazing! well spotted! Its been around a bit as it was first registered in Northamptonshire. Cheers Haddy.

haddy:
Bubbleman you are truly amazing! well spotted! Its been around a bit as it was first registered in Northamptonshire. Cheers Haddy.

:laughing: between Marcus and Ash, the Encyclopedia Brittanica doesn’t stand a chance!

Haddy has beaten me to it but it did indeed belong to Greg Johnson an O/D who used to sub for J D Fairweather on Norfolk Line work. I remember my dad making up those light-boards for pulling various trailers (mostly CCSL trailers) because someone always stole the original lights and some of the light-boards made were works of art! The other thing I vividly remember is the amount of tilts that were always missing various amounts of trailer boards (mostly used for the building of sheds, so I have been told!!).

Below is another photo of Greg Johnson’s parked up alongside some of J D Fairweather’s F88s/89s on Yarmouth Quay.

These snaps were taken in Gt Yarmouth in the early 80`s
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :sunglasses: