Was this any of you?

Just a follow up to this story (the original link goes to a different news item now) But it was about the driver of a skip wagon who went down a street in bolton and took out loads of cars parked there.

Talking to my brother-in-law today he mentioned this driver.
The driver ( I wont name him ) is my nephews (brother-in-laws son)best mate.
He was actually challenged by one of the residents about the damage, his reply to which was ‘prove it’ :unamused: :unamused: before driving off laughing.

His agency did give him another job the very next day, during which he promptly reversed through a pub wall :blush: :blush:

He was actually a serving royal marine on leave.

He is believe it or not a decent lad at heart but it didnt surprise me when I heard it was him :blush: :blush:

thisisbolton.co.uk/lancashir … NEWS2.html

The man drove down Longworth Street,

Definately not me !!! :laughing: :laughing:

the road should be widened.
if a skip lorry cant get down it then neither can a fire engine.

I’d get this all the time when driving dustcarts on agency.

I don’t know the road above so cant comment on that particular incident.

We would try to enter a road to empty the bins but wouldn’t be able to get down the road because of the way the residents park their cars.
What gets me is that most of the roads are where the residents have either a driveway or access to a garage at the rear of their property.

Isn’t it funny how the ones who moan loudest about the bins not being emptied are the very same people who blocked the road in the first place

It ain’t rocket science the bin man comes the same every week why not leave him access the first time?

If their house was on fire they’d soon moan if it took a Fire Engine 20 minutes to get down their road

As for the road above well this may be a clue as to why he did it

news item:
Lesley Farthing, who lives on Longworth Street, said a petition to widen the road was being considered.

maybe,just maybe the residents have parked badly on purpose knowing full well that large vehicles would either have difficulty or wouldn’t be able to negotiate this road as a way of "helping along " their petition

Just playing devils advocate

although hitting 8 :open_mouth: motors isf a bit extreme

Must admit i’ve always been careful on streets like this, but no-one has an automatic right to park outside their houses, its a risk they take i’m afraid. I am aware that the driver had a legal obligation to stop so i’m not condoning him in any way, especially as it sounds as if he’d charged down there without any care at all.

And they wonder why agency drivers get a bad name :unamused:.

And they wonder why agency drivers get a bad name :unamused:.

is it because they keep repeating themselves :wink:

Half the jobs advertised in jobcentre are for bin waggon jobs or skips, now i know why. The council should either widen the road or put a sign up saying not sutable for HGVs

In my street it is not the residents who park badly its the people who work in town. on a regular basis the fire bobbies come down and check they can get through. If they cant the wrecker comes and removes the offending cars :sunglasses: I love watching them :laughing:

dave:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

dave:

If he was an agency driver and the boss’s not using it as an excuse :wink:.

"This road should be made wider, because it’s very difficult to get past when cars are parked on either side.

Highway code rule 217.

DO NOT park your vehicle or trailer on the road where it would endanger, inconvenience or obstruct pedestrians or other road users. For example, do not stop near a school entrance
anywhere you would prevent access for Emergency Services
at or near a bus stop or taxi rank
on the approach to a level crossing
opposite or within 10 metres (32 feet) of a junction, except in an authorised parking space
near the brow of a hill or hump bridge
opposite a traffic island or (if this would cause an obstruction) another parked vehicle where you would force other traffic to enter a tram lane
where the kerb has been lowered to help wheelchair users
in front of an entrance to a property
on a bend.

As an agency driver I often get a job for the local council lifting illegally parked cars. I get a LOT of hassle for this, as you can imagine, but if it was their house on fire and the fire engine couldn’t get through, or their driveway blocked, or their disabled mum who couldn’t get to the shop because some doodah had parked in the disabled spot, they’d be up in arms about it.

Double standards.

Just as a matter of interest. If i go anywhere to deliver and the road looks a bit narrow, i do the obvious. Park up and walk down the street to look and check it out. Even if it takes 15 minutes. A lot better than getting stuck and hitting 8 cars.