Was it a speed camera?

I was driving along the a36 from Salisbury towards southampton today. It’s all coned off,single lane at the moment. The speed has been reduced to 40. They are doing roadworks ( not sure what exactly though).

I was driving along with the flow of traffic and reached 50mph. Unfortunately I didn’t realise that in the road works the workers had a van parked near them. The van had open panels in the backdoors like a speed camera van. It was plain white and had a big flashing beacon on the top. I didn’t pay much attention to there van though and only noticed it had the panels when I was literally almost side by side with it.

Not sure if it was a speed camera or not though. I was hoping someone had seen something similar or seen this particular van.

Many thanks

Maybe.

Or they could of been just getting tools out of the back.
Could be mapping / surveying.
Could be a million things.

It was open sections like speed camera van have. But what was in them looked different to your normal camera van cameras. Never seen anything like it and looks like a works van apart from the rear door open sections. I have read about site safety cameras but I’m sure if it was one of them or not

Nothing to worry about, the same thing happened to me M5 south by Gloucester.

These are roadworks safety camera vans, they are their to record incursions by imbecilic car drivers into road works and to prevent un safe practices like speeding by works traffic they are not for the live carriageways, another reason why everything in this country takes 3 times longer to complete than anywhere else in the world.

The perfect example being the new junction on the M49 which was officially started in January 2018 and they still haven’t finished.

Idiotic health and safety
carnellgroup.co.uk/solutions/safetycam/

as above.
they are meaningless vans logod up so that drivers do exactly what you did,and kakk themself whilst slowing down.
ignore,and crack on drive… :smiley:

if it was in the roadworkers section .mostly like be a speed camera for people doing the roadworks.
as there is a 10mph speed limit in roadworks area. for safety
have noticed a few of these appear lately theres a few on the m6.

just guessing here but im guessing theve started appearing in roadworks something new. so maybe there’s been an incident someware somone speeding . hence them appearing. usually is the case laws things change when there’s been an incident

Thesuperiorone:
I was driving along the a36 from Salisbury towards southampton today. It’s all coned off,single lane at the moment. The speed has been reduced to 40. They are doing roadworks ( not sure what exactly though).

I was driving along with the flow of traffic and reached 50mph. Unfortunately I didn’t realise that in the road works the workers had a van parked near them. The van had open panels in the backdoors like a speed camera van. It was plain white and had a big flashing beacon on the top. I didn’t pay much attention to there van though and only noticed it had the panels when I was literally almost side by side with it.

Not sure if it was a speed camera or not though. I was hoping someone had seen something similar or seen this particular van.

Many thanks

“You didn’t pay much attention” but describe the van in detail. Nothing to see here, probably diddys nicking the copper cables.

Of course, with a user name as yours, I’m surprised you have to ask the basic questions that you do.

Hants Police are crafty - I remember a few years back they used to use a Renault Trafic van in civvie colours complete with spare wheel mounted on the back door.

Seen these vans through the roadworks on the M4 Berkshire occasionally…1 on a straight stretch and sometimes 2, especially if narrow lanes/lane closures run through the junction (ie j10) where a multitude of lanes congregate into 1 and the men are ‘working’

tinyurl.com/ycy9z56d

And talking about ‘sneaky’, Thames Valley used to use a battered old hi-roof Leyland DAF Sherpa type van but there’s plenty of hidden ones about!

998EF1BF-4616-4DD7-89D5-B67ECB188108.jpeg

the nodding donkey:
Of course, with a user name as yours, I’m surprised you have to ask the basic questions that you do.

You beat me to it…[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Socketset:
Hants Police are crafty - I remember a few years back they used to use a Renault Trafic van in civvie colours complete with spare wheel mounted on the back door.

Was it like this one spotted in France?? [emoji7][emoji7]

i would imagine theres a different kind of mounting goes on in that one.

must be a quiet day?

Just a stupid question why not slow down. Be careful. It is going to be hard getting a job with points in the coming months. There is a large pool to choose from now.

dieseldog999:
i would imagine theres a different kind of mounting goes on in that one.

must be a quiet day?

[emoji1783][emoji1783][emoji1783]

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=164996

Thesuperiorone is at it again

I got done in Germany by a parked up Opel car with no one in it but a camera in the front .

Punchy Dan:
I got done in Germany by a parked up Opel car with no one in it but a camera in the front .

Did you do her over the bonnet ?

Punchy Dan:

The frogs do that a lot !!