WARNING

Just to warn everyone taking driving tests not to let the test centre deal with your licence as like a mug i did and the centre hasnt even informed the DVLA that iv passed yet and it was nearly a fortnight ago!

Am very annoyed as im supposed to be starting class 2 job on 12/5 !!

Grrr!

dogthehunter:
Just to warn everyone taking driving tests not to let the test centre deal with your licence as like a mug i did and the centre hasnt even informed the DVLA that iv passed yet and it was nearly a fortnight ago!

Grrr!

I think you will find that your experience is an exception - the vast majority get great quick service by letting the examiner handle the licence issue.

dogthehunter:

Grrr!

Hi dogthehunter, whilst most people could understand how annoyed you are,
it’s hardly fair to go plastering “WARNING” in capital letters as a result of a single instance :open_mouth:

The very vast majority of people who let the test station deal with the licence and test pass certificate actually receive a very good service indeed.

:bulb: Why not run a post asking newly qualified members how long it was before they got their full licences back :question:
I think you might be surprised by the answers you get. :wink:

Sorry about that just very annoyed nothing meant by it maybe iv just had a bad experince

dogthehunter:
Sorry about that just very annoyed nothing meant by it maybe iv just had a bad experince

No harm in having a personal rant - gets rid of some of that frustration without hurting anyone :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

That it does i def feel better after a rant lol

Was really looking forward to starting new job but atm not looking good!

mine took just under two weeks but that was over easter.

8 business days to get my Class C back, letting the examiner sort it out

:smiley:

the examiner told me week - 10 days for it so i was very shocked when i phones DVLA to chase it and they hadnt even had the information through yet they have said if i havent heard anything by monday to ring them and they will start and investigation to find out why/what/how…really hoping it turns up soon cant stand my current job :frowning:

From my own personal experience, it took just over two weeks for my licence to come back after the examiner dealt with it.

Obviously, you are one of the unlucky ones who hasn’t received the level of service that you as a customer of the DVLA and DSA would come to expect, and hopefully this problem can be resolved without too much further hassle to yourself.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience but have to agree with the others that this is an exeption rather than the rule.
I would always advise letting the examiners deal with sending off your licence as it takes the onus off you and you also have your pass slip to prove you have passed so no problem in applying for jobs.
I agree that you are powed an apology.
Sometimes the DVLA are slow too and have been known to mislay licences or send back the wrong ones.
Perfection has not yet been reached in that department!! LOL!

dogthehunter:
That it does i def feel better after a rant lol

:wink: Most of us do mate, it’s perfectly understandable, and there’s no harm done.
I just thought to try to help you not to lose it completely and warn others about not using a system that usually works quite well… :smiley:

dogthehunter:
Was really looking forward to starting new job but atm not looking good!

An idea might be to phone the new job and tell them that you’ve passed your test and that you’re just waiting for your licence to come through.

The boss can check with their insurers whether they’ll allow you to drive on your pass slip.
After all, it has your driver number and the fact that you’ve passed your test. It’s even checkable. :wink:

If they say that you can’t start until you show them your licence, then maybe they’ll accept that you have kept them informed and that it’s not your fault.
IMHO, you’ve nothing to lose, and much to gain by having a chat with them. :grimacing:

Good luck. :smiley:

An employer can call DVLA and ask if you have a certain entitlement on your licence if you give them permission and your driver number.