WARNING! Wheel Thefts

Warning!! There appears to be a spate of wheel thefts from yards in the Surrey area, our yard was broken into and 5 Alcoa wheels and tyres were stolen from one of our Tractor Units, another local operator has reported the same problem. In both cases the vehicles were left standing on brand new, Red 12 ton Bottle jacks. And both have CCTV footage of a white 06 plate Vauxhall Vivaro van at the scene. Any other information would be greatly received.

Seems to be the new crime of choice for certain folk…

Silver_Surfer:
Scania dealer at Nottingham was broken into over xmas, they stole 35 wheels and tyres, all off new trucks. They jacked them all up removed the wheels and dropped the trucks on concrete blocks, they were obviously in there a long time due to the work involved.
Nottingham police traffic division is on the same industrial estate.

then sold in EE …

My partner’s brother in law who live in Poland. He live in a remote village so out of blue on one Sunday morning someone knock his front door then he open the door and an old man gyspy Romany looks with his white van… He speak little Polish and He say do you interesting to buy Power Tools? He give a looks on his back of van and there has many of newish & used chainsaws, drills and DIY tools etc… He bought Stihl chainsaw in good condition - no box or instruction book etc so he bought in good dirty price! so few weeks later he show me his new chainsaw and told me about gyspy Romany guy. I told him all machine and diy power tools came from Western European… They just simply stealing things then drove to Eastern European on night time then sell them at weekend and make some good bucks for themselves!

Like I know someone who had her scooter and parked in city of Copenhagen on daytime so scooter gone missing so she report to Police then Police told her by that time scooter are not in same country anymore now… they guess they steal and put in large van then drove off to different country due no borders control due EU - very easy move!

good story Betz, but as for the wheels…Wheel Nut isnt called that for nothing…nudge nudge…wink wink…say no more !

Happen at Weightlifter Scunthorpe

scunthorpetelegraph.co.uk/Fi … story.html

Not surprised the price of tyres & wheels nowadays.

On a slightly different tangent,when parked up empty or solo do you lift the mid axle up or leave it down?
Was talking to a guy recently and he said someone had their mid lift wheels stolen whilst in Portsmouth one night when they had them up as they are easier to steal.

Another myth maybe??