Warning!! Warning!!!

Summer camp is finished now, the janitor has turned the power off :laughing:

After all time you still don’t get it do you Robbie?
In order to be a good troll you have to sound credible in order to court controversy by making people question their views and beliefs.
If on the other hand everyone knows you are a troll and are unable to take you seriously its just not going to work for you is it?
Maybe you would permit me to make some sugestions that might help you with your so far unsuccessful trolling career?
Firstly you need to hide behind a new persona that nobody knows so you need to join trucknet again with a new identity.
Secondly it would be a lot better if you knew something about the subject that you were trying to troll about. Perhaps you could do some research about truck driving on the internet or read some books about Canada?
I understand that this sounds like hard work but it has got to be better than sounding like a complete divot everytime you use a keyboard.
Failing this how about just sticking to voting on x factor or something?

RICO:
@ on the road again. it should have been Polar Bears. I saw this on the discovery channell. They come into town to look for food at Churchill in manitoba. Has anybody done any deliverys to Churchill?

Not unless you can fly these trucks :laughing: :laughing:

Just applied and been contacted by a Canadian trucking company. Seriously tempted to give it a go.

Any positive advice?

MAT:
Just applied and been contacted by a Canadian trucking company. Seriously tempted to give it a go.

Any positive advice?

if you want too do it go for it. You won’t know unless you find out.
Best advice is read everyones blogs etc to give you an idea on what you need to do also read past posts. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

And the only other thing to say is good luck with the move :grimacing: :grimacing: !!!

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

if ya mention the company name you will prob get info about them… :wink:

The company is Siemens Transportation in Saskatoon. Just had a long chat with them but the bottom line is that I don’t have any mountain experience. They tell me that there’s plenty of opportunity out there but you need that experience and obviously driving in the UK you’re not going to get it.

I guess I need to get some European miles under my belt but even then, how much mountain experience can you actually get in Europe?

I’m going to keep researching this but has anyone got a view on this obstacle?

MAT:
The company is Siemens Transportation in Saskatoon. Just had a long chat with them but the bottom line is that I don’t have any mountain experience. They tell me that there’s plenty of opportunity out there but you need that experience and obviously driving in the UK you’re not going to get it.

I guess I need to get some European miles under my belt but even then, how much mountain experience can you actually get in Europe?

Try other companies as they don’t all require it. AYR in New Brunswick don’t require mountain or euro experience :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: Hope this helps

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

MAT:
how much mountain experience can you actually get in Europe?

Err what about the Alps or the Pyrenees :open_mouth: I think you’ll find that they’re mountains :bulb:

I think you’re facing this obstacle because a lot of the companies that import drivers have worked out that the best drivers from over in the UK are the ones who have had a bit of continental experience, so if you’ve done continental you’ll have been over a big hill or two, but that’s not the main reason, that’s because drivers who have done a bit of UK work with the odd night out, or even out all week, are unaccustomed to setting off for a weeks work on a Friday, they like the Monday-Friday gigs and in Canada it ain’t like that, far too many Brits get over here and then ■■■■ and moan because they can’t live the same way they did in the UK, firms like Siemens will have had ten Brits like that to every one that’s been a success, so they throw the mountain stuff in there to sort out the men from the boys :wink:

I would suggest that you keep on with Siemens, giving up at the first sign of trouble is not going to get you anywhere, if you appear very keen, despite your lack of experience, you may be able to get them to take a chance on you :wink:

Or, you could lie and tell them that you’ve driven over the mountains :open_mouth: :laughing:

ROBBIE, I don’t think they like you

Thanks for pointing out the European mountain ranges Newmercman :wink: My point was that if you are running in Europe, how much time do you actually get crossing them and how big a deal is it :question: I’ve driven a car through the alps without problems but to be fair, the roads were always clear.

I appreciate the advice on persisting with Siemens and it occurred to me that perhaps it was a “sort the men out from the boys” tactic so I’m going to give them another knock.

I spent many years running over the mountains in Europe, in the winter they can be a challenge, but they don’t compare to running over the mountains in The US and Canada, over here when it snows, it snows and snows and snows. Even running through the Prairies can be daunting in -40c when it’s blowing a storm, you have to see it to believe it :open_mouth:

Now having said that, if you have the right attitude it won’t be a problem, so as I said, keep on at Siemens, show them you have the right attitude and in a few months you could be up to your armpits in snow on the Rogers Pass :laughing:

Johnny tell me more about Ayr transport please

cury:

Ayr Motor Express are one of the ‘meat in the seat’ firms, some will fit in, some won’t, don’t expect it to be the world’s best job and you can use it as a stepping stone to bigger and better things :wink:

cury:

Here’s a picture that tells you all you need to know about Ayr Motor Express

Cracking sign work that must have took him hours! :unamused: :laughing:

that’s about as good as some of the outfits I’ve worked for here!

Looking at that photo i’m guessing that they are the THREE in the truck Push starts Pull Starts. :smiley: :smiley:

No it was only a pair, Boris and Vladimir, the same shiny tracksuits and flip flops, but no wrap around Stetsons :laughing: