Warning to truckneters

This afternoon whilst on my 45 I received an email from pay pal, it was a receipt for £1 that was paid from my account, whilst racking my brains to see what I bought for £1 off eBay (haven’t bought any thing for a while) 2 minutes later another email this time for £200 then another and so on, all in all just under a grand! I was sat having lunch in a farm in the middle off bloody no where and had no signal as soon as I did I phoned the bank cancelled the account then phoned pay pal. They are looking into it and should have the money back within 48 hours it seems someone has hacked my account through the app I had on my I phone so for you who have or use pay pal keep an eye out and change your account password atleast weekly, sorry this is not truck related but I thought I’d put it out there for you to keep an eye out happy bidding :slight_smile:.

I had something similar last week I received an e.mail receipt from PayPal for £290 for a Samsung Tablet bought from the eBay Tesco outlet.
I contacted PayPal as soon as I got the e.mail and the money was returned the following day fortunately.
The scammers who were responsible had a delivery address in St.Albans, the full address was on my PayPal account so I took the dog for a walk when I got home picked up his turd and posted it off to them in an iPad box, it was inside a plastic Jiffy bag too so as not to upset the postie!

Diff Lock:
I had something similar last week I received an e.mail receipt from PayPal for £290 for a Samsung Tablet bought from the eBay Tesco outlet.
I contacted PayPal as soon as I got the e.mail and the money was returned the following day fortunately.
The scammers who were responsible had a delivery address in St.Albans, the full address was on my PayPal account so I took the dog for a walk when I got home picked up his turd and posted it off to them in an iPad box, it was inside a plastic Jiffy bag too so as not to upset the postie!

like it very good[LOL]

Diff Lock:

You should have put a better luck next time flag in it.

Diff Lock:

Lol crease up I’m hoping for my money back tomorrow I’ve got no address but pay pal sent me an email confirming there fraud team are investigating along with the full email address off the little prick who’s done it I’m seriously considering sending him an emai and inviting him for a chat.

I had an email allegedly from Paypal this week, saying my account had been suspended, and to log in via the link, in order to reactivate my account…
I may be a thick lorry driver, but i ain’t quite that daft.

This is not new,cancelled my PayPal account a few months ago,advise you all consider doing likewise.

PayPal can kiss my ■■■ the bunch of useless tossers!

Nice work dif lock!

I had 2 emails from paypal saying i’d sent a payment for £250 to some bird. Checked my paypal account and no payments made. They also didn’t get £250 from my bank account…They’d be hard pushed to find £250 in my account anyway.

degsy4wheels:
I had 2 emails from paypal saying i’d sent a payment for £250 to some bird. Checked my paypal account and no payments made. They also didn’t get £250 from my bank account…They’d be hard pushed to find £250 in my account anyway.

I’ve been on the phone to them and the bank this evening still almost a grand missin from my bank and no one seems none the wiser till when ill get it back wondering wether to get the police involved doubt there’d be much they can do or if they’d even give a toss :frowning:.

I’ve been on the phone to them and the bank this evening still almost a grand missin from my bank and no one seems none the wiser till when ill get it back wondering wether to get the police involved doubt there’d be much they can do or if they’d even give a toss :frowning:.
[/quote]
I reported a buyer on ebay. He sent me an echeque, i sent the stuff, he cancelled payment, kept saying he had no idea why etc. Reported to Lincs Police, and they had him for internet fraud…Got my money eventually, so it’s worth reporting mate

degsy4wheels:

I reported a buyer on ebay. He sent me an echeque, i sent the stuff, he cancelled payment, kept saying he had no idea why etc. Reported to Lincs Police, and they had him for internet fraud…Got my money eventually, so it’s worth reporting mate
[/quote]
Ill do that then cheers mate

I am fairly savvy when it comes to internet fraud, or I thought I was until this week. My beloved had let her card expire and not activated the new one, she asked if I could order her something online. It was a “free” sample and all I had to do was pay the postage and packing.

Roll the clock forward 6 weeks to my next bank statement and the P&P was showing followed by a payment of £97 to some tent dweller in Israel.

I have spent 2 days chasing this money and so far it has sunk into the Dead sea. We may have to bite the bullet but if the bearded circumcised toerag ever makes himself known to us, he will wish he had followed another religion. Do the Jews allow someone in Israel with a freshly ripped arse?

I had a email from paypal a few days ago saying on the first line that my card was due to expire :confused: I knew it wasn’t so deleted the message without opening it . It just so happened that a family member I was talking with at the time , had also received one similar , and was asking for payment to the tune of 500 quid :open_mouth: , seems like a lot of scaming issues of going on .

The scammers have been at it for years. And as long as it is still easy for you to pay and manage your account with an email address and password, it’ll be just as easy for the scammers to use confidence trick tactics to get the very basic info required to do the same.