Warning. New Boots

I really should know better but whilst on one of my regular 3 hour toss offs I deceided to try out my company issue new boots.

My usual Lee Coopers now leak and the wife has complained of my socks smelling of ■■■■, I did point out she has had her nose round more smelly areas but none the less new boots where needed. (Oh and by more smelly areas I mean my birthday 69er the other week or as I used to shout as a bingo caller: “Meal for two with a hairy view”.)
Unsurprisingly ive a life ban from Gala and our local social club as I used to get bored and call out the wrong numbers. I.e. two little ducks - 34, hilarious night out though.

Anyway new boots on, bit stiff and all that but pulled away from rest area without considering my feet would have a new grip on the pedals. This was most noticable at my first braking scenario as I pressed the accelerator and brake pedal at the same chuffin time. Bloody massive near miss and needless to say I was puckered up tighter than a ducks clunge.

So top tip for newbies and folk as daft as me, when wearing new boots always practice your pedal work before pulling away. Or just drive in trainers and leave your boots for external activities.

Much prefer driving my truck with my boots on but when I got my new Merc I had no end of trouble hitting the brake pedal in my clodhoppers. Don’t like the feeling of driving my truck in trainers.

I buy my own boots even though my agency provide work boots for free. Nothing wrong with the ones they provide but I have a personal preference. Shelling out £40 a year (tax deductible) to be comfortable is a small price to pay.

Yep just ordered me a new set of lee coopers, £30 and very small price to pay for what was nearly a very embarrassing arse-end shunt with a tipper.

Free company issue boots have pride of place on top passenger step and will remain there for the forseeable, or may flog on ebay.

I might have got used to them bit the extra lack of feel and girth put me off.
I also find trainers to soft and my LC’s are a good balance (I dont work for lee cooper honest).

Old boots back on for now, sod the leakage.

Are you sure it was the boots and not the massage time you were having dipper.lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Dipper_Dave:
as I used to shout as a bingo caller: “Meal for two with a hairy view”.)

Class…[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I always buy my own boots as no on can find my size

Dipper_Dave:
(Oh and by more smelly areas I mean my birthday 69er the other week

Is this just an annual event Dave?

Dipper_Dave:
I really should know better but whilst on one of my regular 3 hour toss offs I deceided to try out my company issue new boots.

My usual Lee Coopers now leak and the wife has complained of my socks smelling of ■■■■, I did point out she has had her nose round more smelly areas but none the less new boots where needed. (Oh and by more smelly areas I mean my birthday 69er the other week or as I used to shout as a bingo caller: “Meal for two with a hairy view”.)
Unsurprisingly ive a life ban from Gala and our local social club as I used to get bored and call out the wrong numbers. I.e. two little ducks - 34, hilarious night out though.

Anyway new boots on, bit stiff and all that but pulled away from rest area without considering my feet would have a new grip on the pedals. This was most noticable at my first braking scenario as I pressed the accelerator and brake pedal at the same chuffin time. Bloody massive near miss and needless to say I was puckered up tighter than a ducks clunge.

So top tip for newbies and folk as daft as me, when wearing new boots always practice your pedal work before pulling away. Or just drive in trainers and leave your boots for external activities.

Harsh Braking,Tachomasta calls that :exclamation:

Immigrant:
Harsh Braking,Tachomasta calls that :exclamation:

Actually it doesn’t - Tachomaster only labels it “harsh braking” if you actually slow down quite a lot…

I get harsh braking on my KPI printout every week, very rarely get overspeeds on it though, despite the tacho giving me about half a dozen a day.

Harsh braking my back bottom, it just drives a lot differently if I’m running empty or even solo. I’m buggered if I’ll drive like I’ve got 28.5t on.

But as for workboots, I get mine from Wynsors. I think they’re called WorkZone or something. Proper comfy, although I may try other ones when we go Euro 6, I remember them not lasting all that well in my old job when AdBlue used to get splashed all over them (we had to fill up very well used tubs from an IBC, and try and get that into the tanks through knackered nozzles)

I’m trying out some Site workboots from Screwfix this week. £29.99. It’s finally goodbye to the awfulScruffs I have endured these past months. Pretty comfy so far. Watch this space…

I think I’m going to be sick…

Dave i have just been perusing the "truckers with pride " forum on facebook and there all getting in a right lather as someones been posting animal ■■■■ on their site, just wondered if you had been having a sort through your home movies and posted something accidently :smiley: