warning light

Hi, I’m driving a 06 scania r420 and a amber brake warning light has come on the dash. It’s not the one that has ABS in the middle it’s got a ! In the middle like the red park brake light. Could anyone tell me what it means please?
Thanks

I think you need to hold down the footbrake and restart the engine and let it of slowly it should reset.

Brake lining wear indicator?

m1cks:
Brake lining wear indicator?

+1

Could also be the bias valve.

I tried that trucker 56 it didn’t work. When I switch off and restart it goes out but comes on again after a few miles. I swapped trailers earlier and it took about 30 miles to come back on, So its not nothing to do with the trailer. It could be brake wear indicator. Everything seems normal with the brakes

mm1988:
I tried that trucker 56 it didn’t work. When I switch off and restart it goes out but comes on again after a few miles. I swapped trailers earlier and it took about 30 miles to come back on, So its not nothing to do with the trailer. It could be brake wear indicator. Everything seems normal with the brakes

The brakes will seem normal because they embed the contacts while you still have braking material left on the pad. It would be a pretty crap system if the warning light only came on at the same time you realised you were braking on bare metal.
Stick a defect in or make a note for the next time it’s due an inspection. If it is brake wear then it should be spotted on next inspection anyway.

When you next get in, do start up check form the dash menu switch and it will tell you what percentage your pads are worn and on which wheel.

Otherwise defect it, drop it into Scania for a plugin and they’ll tell you straight away (and charge you for the priviledge of course) :slight_smile:

As well as the previously mentioned faults could also be a cracked disc with the percentage of lining left anything under 30% should be changed as the pads tend to disintegrate after this all places where I have had a Scania pads have been changed at 30%

The lowest percentage of brake wear on the dash is 77%.
Since swapping trailers yesterday to an old trailer it hasn’t come on again. Going back to base later so I will speak to the mechanics.