Warning ! but maybe not i dont know

Its probably another drivers myth but i thought i bewtter warn you any way.

When you come down the A1 near Newark there is an old jet plane on the left and shortly after that plane there is a bridge on the bridge there has appeared a camera.

Now some of the drivers at our place have been speaking to the Corby Chill lads who say it is there specifically to catch H.G.V. doing more then 50 M.P.H. and apparently they have had a letter informing them thats why its there.

Who the letters from and why anyone would send it out is beyond me but i thought you all just might like to know.

I had a very close look at the camera tonight you can get real close and kick it if you want,ahem, all it says is something about C.C.T.V which i would believe more than the drivers tales .

Sounds unlikely to me. If it is a speed camera and it’s mounted high up on a bridge then it needed to be brightly coloured, like yellow or florescent orange like the SPECS ones were on Thelwall.

I’d wager a grand that it isn’t a speed cam.

May be a privat Camera of one which is fedup with himselfe

Mind you , you can see their point, if drivers keep overtaking this jet plane :sunglasses: .

Salut, David.

You’ll have nothing to worry about unless your a Speeder!!!

Tony b.

I am sure i was talking to one of our driver’s and he was saying that these new camera’s are mounted on bridge’s and that they clock your speed from as far back as 1mile.If you are doing over that speed a mile away then check the post within 2 week’s. :wink:
If i see the driver 2morrow i wll ask him. :wink:

kitkat:
they clock your speed from as far back as 1mile.If you are doing over that speed a mile away then check the post within 2 week’s. :wink:
:

Hope Rob’s got good specs :open_mouth:

Salut, David.

Rob K:
Sounds unlikely to me. If it is a speed camera and it’s mounted high up on a bridge then it needed to be brightly coloured, like yellow or florescent orange like the SPECS ones were on Thelwall.

:exclamation: Not unless its in a hypothification scheme area it doesn’t Rob. That means they’ve entered an agreement where revenue produced from fines will be used to maintain existing scameras (Intentional) & pay for new ones.
Not all area are in this scheme, Greater Manchester for one i think…the cameras are dark green there. :imp:

That’ll be the bridge at Balderton then. Going that way this week I might have to have a closer look :open_mouth: :smiling_imp:

tonyb…:
You’ll have nothing to worry about unless your a Speeder!!!

Tony b.

Its nice to inform your fellow drivers of such things just in case they have a momentary lapse of concentration…

Any way i went with camera tonight to see if it was there and get some pics but its gone so no need to worry now.

I just wonder if they did set up a camera to do HGV drovers going over 50 on the A1 it would soon make the driver shortage very realistic woudlnt it.

jammymutt:
I just wonder if they did set up a camera to do HGV drovers going over 50 on the A1 it would soon make the driver shortage very realistic woudlnt it.

I don’t know what would be worse. If all the drivers who speed get caught, fined, have points and ultimately lose their livelyhoods, or…if all drivers stuck to the speed limits and large parts of the country ground to a halt every morning and evening as roads like the A15 from Scunthorpe to Lincoln would be totally gridlocked which in turn would spread onto other roads and then onto other roads etc. Infact I think that ALL trucks should do this for a set period of time and then the authorities who ruin drivers livelyhoods by giving draconian punishments for minor offences can suffer the consequences of their motives and actions and then we’ll see where public opinion is when Mr and Mrs Smith can’t get into the office at 9am because of trucks doing the ‘correct’ speed.

Spardo:
Mind you , you can see their point, if drivers keep overtaking this jet plane :sunglasses: .

Salut, David.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: