WARNING ABOUT TOMTOM TRUCK 7150 etc

as above really. i bought the 7150 pro truck for £370 only to find out today that you cant use liveservices unless you have webfleet and some little box installed in the cab

these units are not meant to be sold to the individual driver.

also tomtom are not offering any support to end users they are directing users back to the resellers who dont give a t0ss and a few people have now discovered that they are stuck with a satnav that cant be connected to live services and maps cant be updated.

thelorryist:
as above really. i bought the 7150 pro truck for £370 only to find out today that you cant use liveservices unless you have webfleet and some little box installed in the cab

also tomtom are not offering any support to end users they are directing users back to the resellers who dont give a t0ss and a few people have now discovered that they are stuck with a satnav that cant be connected to live services and maps cant be updated.

Maps come out every 3 months.
Mapshare can be updated ‘legally’, new maps can be installed on your device, if you know a man that can.

thelorryist:

From the tomtom website:

The LIVE services require a LIVE subscription to TomTom WEBFLEET and the installation of the LINK 300/310 in the vehicle.

You should be naming where you bought it so other drivers can avoid them