Warm Winter Jacket

Recommendations please.
Ta!
global

Work or just in general- a few years ago had a Puffa Jacket when all the cool kids were wearing one- everyone said that at my age 33(and a fair bit more) I shoudnt wear it, it looked daft a man of my age wearing something “trendy”- my reply its bloody cosy in here don’t care what it looks like

I also have a very expensive waxed quilted Barbour coat courtesy of the Mother in Law one Xmas (think she was grateful someone finally married her daughter) :wink: that wouldn’t be out of place at Henly or Windsor-unfortuantly the guy inside probably would be, so is worn not for a status symbol just because it is snug and warm- and to be honest is that good would probably weather a mild tropical storm (if we had them in the UK)

Work wise a decent Arco padded HiVis Jacket may not be the cheapest but always see to be up to the job

No coat recommendations per se, but a few items that every driver should carry if they’re going to be outside for at least part of their work…

1, fishing type or Aussie type of wide brimmed hat.

2, telescopic brolly, yes you might look a plank with a brolly or a wide brimmed hat, but after an hour of ■■■■■■ rain you look like a dry (and still warm) plank, whilst the cool dudes are wet through and shivering, and looking longingly at your sensible unfashionable wear.

3, light waterproof over trousers and possibly overjacket, when its driving rain slip them on over your normal outergear, they get wet but they dry out in minutes.

Its when your main clothes get wet that the real problems start, often dangerously so, and such a difficulty to dry stuff out in a reasonable time line, so keeping dry is the most important thing IMO.

We’ll assume that you had the sense to get fully waterproof quality boots in the first place, threads aplenty here about those.

The above may save your life if you get stuck somewhere and have to trudge several miles to find shelterl.

For the Winter good warm clothes are so important with emphasis on good boots,hat and gloves.Good long underwear is also useful against wind chill .We have just had the coldest night so far this year . -38c,its warmed up now to -25c so everyone is looking like Michelin man.

sports direct do lee cooper shirts with a inner lining at just £15 wear this with a thermal base layer underneath and you will def not get cold